1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

The relic can be used to repair an Avikan characters broken spear you find in the ship locker when you create him/her, after the Bone Dragon boss has been defeated (Glitch artifact mission). Once that mission is complete, and if you are an Avikan, you can take your spear to the commander at the very top of the Starfarers Refuge (take the platforms to the top and go to the far left) and he'll ask for the Relic when you talk to him. As for the other question I don't know the answer to that.

2. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

I feel far more mod makers need to do what you were doing; Fix bugs and oversights, and look deep for em, before adding new content. It can be frustrating when a mod;s regular update is: "Fixed a bug, added new content, added 2 bugs", making it so you are guaranteed the game will have at least a few bugs at all times, not just after major updates.

3. Virdex_

Virdex_ Void-Bound Voyager

4. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

If you're looking for more story quests, you're out of luck - still working on those. There are quite a few side quests to partake in, though. If you don't mind spoilers, here's an overview I wrote a while back:
    Restoring The Past - Vanhas (Avikan Seeker in Refuge observatory)
    You'll need to be an Avikan for this quest to show up, and you must complete the Glitch mission as well. Bring your Broken Spear for the quest to show up.

The Legion's Blade
    For Droden only. Take your Broken Longsword to Ayurin, the weapon smith, in the Starfarer's Refuge for this quest to show up. You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Prime Circuit
    For Trinkian characters only. Take your Broken Prod to any Trinkian settlement for this quest to show up (quest giver is the large central console in large buildings). You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Bone Ballistics - Makhan (bone warrior in Refuge, Starsight Inn area)
    Bring a Hunter's Bow for the quest to show up.

Metal Ballistics - Ayurin (weaponsmith)
    Complete Bone Ballistics and bring a Bone Crossbow with you for the quest to show up.

Explosive Firepower
    Kill an Elite Drahl unit (random encounter) and pick up the Broken Missile Pod it drops in order to start the quest.

The Starfarer's Refuge - Azana (virtual guide in the Refuge)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, this quest will be visible on arrival.

A Starfarer's Request - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Found in the Refuge's entrance area. Available immediately.

Keffrider - Vethuri (Avikan Keffrider)
    Head to the Refuge's garage/docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Lost in the Pipeline - Arthan (Avikan welder)
    Head to the Refuge's docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Stuck on a Rock - Yahran (Avikan astronaut)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, and venture into the asteroid field on the left. You'll need a jump tech, grappling hook or other traversal item to reach this NPC. The quest is available immediately.

A Special Gift I - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

A Special Gift II - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin and complete 'A Special Gift I' to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

Stopping the Corruption - Rokhan (Vanguard Recruiter)
    Visit the Vanguard recruiter Rokhan in the Starfarer's Refuge. He will send you on a quest to defeat a Violated Elite Drahl. It can be a rather challenging fight, so come prepared!

Harnessing the Corruption
    Defeat the Violated Elite Drahl in the new 'Stopping the Corruption' quest and pick up the Violated Ion Core it drops. The questline will automatically be started upon picking up the item.

Vanguard Mech Parts - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Once you've unlocked your own modular mech, visit the docking bay in the Starfarer's Refuge. Rehkon has a new quest for you, which will award you with new parts for your mech.

Linerifles in Space - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Complete 'Vanguard Mech Parts' and the vanilla 'Advanced Test Drive' quest in order to unlock this quest. Visit Rehkon again for a new quest that will award you with a new weapon for your mech.

The list isn't quite complete any longer, as a few new quests have been added after I wrote this list, but it should give you something to do for now.

The old forums on forumotion aren't really used any longer. It's still a great place to look up some of the old lore and such, but I doubt it'll ever be actively used again. I still check it every now and then to see if anyone's posted anything new, but it can be days or even weeks before I respond to anything on there...

The Minecraft RPG server is actually something I was involved in, I was one of the main guys building the world we were going to use. Unfortunately, the server never really took off, and was abandoned before it really got started.

5. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

okay

6. Virdex_

Oh, well. What do you use now for the Elithian RP?

And about the Minecraft server... it's sad, but that's the doom of every serious rp server with a whitelist. I know the whitelist is good to only allow roleplayers to join and to prevent bots or multiaccounts, but an alternative could be admitting everyone, and then doing so that even if you use bots or multiaccounts you don't get any advantages in actual gameplay/whatever-the-server-is-actually-focused-on, and then admitting into actual roleplay only users who prove serious.
    For example splitting the server in two parts: one part has the actual gameplay features and is open to anyone, and then there is a private part only whitelisted users can access. This second part is used for developing the lore, roleplaying, and setting the events the first part is based on (this means, if an empire starts a war with another, the actual war happens in the second part, but users of the first part can really see the consequences (a town now looks like it was griefed, a forest has been replaced with a burnt wasteland, etc.), so the server can get popular even if only actual RPers affect the lore/plot/world-building-part).

/end

Drig insarcol and Lindazana like this.
  7. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Minor bug/compatibility thing in the new version:
    20170714012211_1.jpg

As you can see, the icons for the Elithian Races-added codex entries are offset to the left side, which shifts all the text to the right and partially off the window. I'm uncertain if this is an issue with the mod itself, my screen resolution or an incompatibility with another mod like FU.

8. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Might wanna try to use the More Tabs mod with Extended UI, as it's a lot less compatible by itself now

9. Gearzoid II

[​IMG]
    Alright, here is an Avikan themed space station I've been working on. I'm going for a barred spiral shape with cores/junctions on each end that have smaller segments on each side. The other corridor i'll add later as well as adding more details later.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  10. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cant wait to see it when its finished! Hope you enjoy making it

Gearzoid II likes this.
  11. Ancev Caine

I'm afraid I don't know what those mods are.

12. Aegonian

There's no active roleplay at the moment, though there are some plans to revive it. We aren't quite certain where the new RP would be hosted, but there have been a few suggestions in the Steam Group for the Elithian Alliance.

As for the Minecraft server,I think that would have been a better approach than the whitelist we used back then! I doubt an Elithian server will ever make a return - I stopped playing Minecraft a few years ago - but if it does return, an approach like that seems very plausible!

It's an issue with compatibility between FU and Elithian Races - your screen's resolution doesn't have any impact on UI window sizes, as there's only a single configuration for them in the game files. I switched to using JSON patches to make changes to the codex menu - the author of Many Tabs approached me about incompatibility issues - but now it seems like FU started making changes to the codex menu too... It's difficult to keep mods compatible when FU keeps expanding like this, but I'll try to get a fix out some time.

13. Virdex_

I appreciate you appreciate my idea :)

Aegonian and Drig insarcol like this.
  14. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its good for appreciation of appreciation to be shown, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

Aegonian and Virdex_ like this.
  15. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Does the Droden Longsword actually turn into a rifle? Am I insane? Is this one user who said it did a liar?

16. Ancev Caine

I love Frackin' Universe but sometimes it feels like its stance towards mod compatibility is its acronym.

I'll just have to wait for a fix it seems.

17. Aegonian

The regular Droden Longsword doesn't change into a rifle, but the Droden unique weapon - Legion - is a longsword that can be transformed into an energy rifle using its secondary ability. You can only obtain the weapon using a Droden character, unless you spawn it in or give it to another character through multiplayer or chest sharing. In order to get the weapon, you need to complete the vanilla Apex story mission, then visit the Starfarer's Refuge while you have your Broken Longsword (the Droden starter weapon) in your inventory. You'll be offered a quest to repair the broken weapon, which will turn it into Legion.

I've yet to test it for myself, but I've heard that installing v6's Many Tabs mod resolves the issue. It looks like the codex issues are caused by Extended GUI - which I guess has been included in Frackin' Universe recently - and Many Tabs supports Extended GUI by default. Since Elithian Races now supports Many Tabs out of the box, installing Many Tabs should correctly recenter the codex interface.

18. Ancev Caine

20170717090801_1.jpg

Seems to be at least partially working, yes.

19. Gearzoid II

@Aegonian, do you think there will be any issues updating SB to 1.3.2? Or should I wait til an update for the mod comes out.

20. Almond Rex

Almond Rex Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't had any problems with 1.3.2 yet

Gearzoid II likes this.