Modding Help EOF client caught in main loop

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by darkaile, May 21, 2017.

1. darkaile

darkaile Intergalactic Tourist

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

error logs

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Start removing mods till the issue resolved. Report the broken mod to whoever made it.

4. darkaile

5. lazarus78

Your log is a virtual cesspool of errors.

Remove mods till the error resolves, then report that issue to whoever made that mod. Nothing else can be done at this point.

On another note: I'm noticing a lot of mods from the workshops have tons of errors. Which leads me to assume an overall lack of care on many of the mod makers part. There should be zero errors.

6. darkaile

Can you tell me how to find the errors cause or a way to find the direction to look? I have a lot of mods and no idea where to start. :(

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  7. lazarus78

Start with whatever "techstation" might be from.

8. darkaile

Hmm i can think of 4 of them off the top of my head. Thank you for the lead.

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Techstation is actually a vanilla thing: it's what you talk to SAIL from. So either you've got something that messes with your ship, or it's from a mod that lets you make extra SAIL consoles.

10. darkaile

I dont think i have any mods like that. I have three mods that are custom races that also have custom ships.

11. darkaile

I was wrong, Slightly improved tech station holograms felin and racial ai restorer. If i get rid of these since the game mostly works aisde from eof how will i be able to tell if this fixed anything?

12. lazarus78

If the game doesn't crash, then it is more or less resolved.

13. darkaile

It wasnt crashing before it just stopped working when i entered a new planet after exploring for awhile. The eof thing pops up and i have to reset the world then i can continue again and that particular world is fine. It just destroys game interest when it happens at every new planet.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. lazarus78

... uhh... Well color me confused as to what is actually going on here...

But in any event, the issues is caused by a mod, or a plethora of mod related errors, given your log is over 3500 lines long off the bat...

15. darkaile

lol the issue is whenever i go to a new planet eof happens after exploring for awhile.

16. lazarus78

Which is the game crashing... no? Or are you saying you just get a little error message, but otherwise you are still playing?

17. darkaile

Well, it goes to the start menu but doesnt ctd.

18. lazarus78

That's still basically a crash., and mod related.

19. darkaile

Oh, ok. Well i still have no way to know how to fix it. If there is so mny errors then that means fixing one error may or may not fix that issue. :(

20. lazarus78

Start with the last error on the log. That is the one causing you to get booted to the title screen.

It is all trial and error, unfortunately. This is what happens when you slap on a ton of mods without checking for issues, and in part why I despise the workshop in general. Zero quality control.