1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Farming skill level Watering Can efficiency not applying properly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ultros7, Jul 22, 2017.

1. ultros7

ultros7 Space Hobo

So I just got a Steel Watering Can, and to my surprise my energy is being drained a lot faster. I went to the wiki and read everything about energy cost and how skill levels affect it, and tested it in-game to see if it matched the info there, but it didn't.

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Watering_Cans

"
    Here's the thing, at the full 5x1 line charge of the Steel can while having level 10 farming, I lose 5 points of energy instead of the expected 3 (base is 6, reduced by 50% by the skill proficiency). This is not a decimal display issue, as if I use it 10 times I lose 50 energy, which means 1 energy per tile. And I'm at Farming level 10, so I should have the 50% energy reduction.

So either of two things here, either the energy savings for the skill level was nerfed in a patch I'm not aware of and the wiki is outdated, or my save file is bugged somehow.

Any ideas? This is driving me insane. I calculated precisely how much I could water using the full 270 energy bar and planted accordingly, now I'm having to eat stuff like crazy just to get through the day because my watering can just eats through my energy at a far higher rate.

EDIT: This Reddit thread provides info more in-line with my tests
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...uestion_what_exactly_does_proficiency_do_for/

So... is the wiki wrong?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

I think so. My impression has always been, as the reddit poster said, that upgraded farm tools only save time, not energy. Perhaps at one point watering cans were different, but as far as I know, watering 5 tiles at once costs the same energy as watering 5 tiles individually. I always found this a little disappointing, but there you go. (Using the power-up may or may not also save water, never paid much attention to that part.)