1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Hmm... my latest bee guy spawned in with the name "???". Is that a legitimate name, or indicating a bug somewhere?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

means whatever race he has is lacking a name file.

3. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

https://pastebin.com/BSi0WmZf

Seriously, tone it down with them, this is getting out of hand, although thanks for the rediculous supply of neptunium. Edit: On the previous mountain before that one, I must have killed a dozen worms before getting to the bottom of the chasm on it.

Also, this should say a lot about how broken they are, air worms now?

20170721225326_1.jpg

Before you even reply I'll put it this way, whats the point of saving the galaxy from the Ruin when we have hundreds of worms spawning on planets eating them alive from within? The worms are as bad as fallout 3's albino radscorpions over-running the entire capital wasteland by char level 30, to the point all the wandering merchants are guaranteed to die and everything not in town gets torn to pieces.

Another Edit: Another tip: Make them rarer, honestly if they were something as rare as like, a large meteor strike in overall frequency or even rarer, I think players would appreciate them as an enemy more rather then despise them. I'd even remove the worms without resources and just make the ones that drop them rare enough they wouldn't be a problem. Worms should have a like .01% chance as an enemy spawn, so they may not even be encountered at all and if encountered, 'oh cool an enemy which drops protocyte ore!' or 'Oh hey a guy that could drop a ton of neptunium!', rather then 3-4 within a few screens at all times like i'm encountering.

They are just way, way WAY to frequent, and they spawn to high to. I mean that worm in the screenshot spawned I guess in the air.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  4. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

I kind of agree but mostly disagree. I do think they are way too damn common, but I don't think they should be relegated to mini-mini-boss status. They're annoying AF on purpose. They make you change planets if you're on hardcore mode like me. I'm pretty sure that's intended. However, if I can spot three of them on a 2x zoom screen at once, that IS still way too damn common. Early game, the mech's drill is literally the only option to deal with the buggers. Not something that makes the game fun.

5. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

I wouldn't be so bothered if I could go to a mountain and eventually find it without worms, or any planet of a type without worms. Instead I keep getting swarmed(yes, swarmed) by them on near every FU planet higher then tier 3.

I get an idea is for them to be a surprise, but they are not, they are instead something that "Oh look, more worms, great", rather then 'oh hey didn't see you here before, oh crap!'. They are instead something I expect to encounter every single planet I go because they show up on near every planet I land on.

Edit: I shouldn't have to expect them all the time.

6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Btw the emperor blade (the broadsword) it's flame grand slam skill is it suppose to burn you when u slam the ground. Because that what been happening to me and idk if it's intentional.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

before you even respond let me put it this way:

You have now brought these up about 7 goddamned times. Shut up about them. i am AWARE THEY HAVE SOME GODDAMNED ISSUES. YOU HAVE MADE THIS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR. You have posted effectively the exact same thing each time. We know. You don't like them. They don't break play, they provide great reward for the risk. Therefore they can exist, as-is, without being touched till someone gets to it. They are not a priority, and the individual that codes them has real-life things that are more important. I am not an AI coder, and the *other* person that can code AI stuff is on vacation.

I do not want to see another post about burrowers in this thread from you. I am sick and tired of it and will ignore any and all further posts about them.

To sate you and others I have reduced frequency of them going forward by simply moving them into the general spawn pools of each biome. Previously they were in "addition" to. This will reduce overall population and ensure they do not *always* appear on the biomes in which they spawn. That should make everyone happy. Issue closed.

SivCorp likes this.
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

good thing Hardcore is supposed to be hard as hell and I don't care about it at all then, eh? FU is intended for Survival. I make no effort to balance for Hardcore. You are complaining about "difficulty" in a mode that is literally designed to kill you as quickly as possible and, prior to FU, perma-deleted a character when you messed up. Thought you sorts LIKED that sort of thing?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

LaughingAlex likes this.
  10. dungeonguy88

dungeonguy88 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, long-time fan of this mod.

Anyway, I'm well into the late-game stuff tech-wise, but I can't seem to find or unlock this "Microsphere" tech I've heard mention of before. I've been going through and crafting all of the various techs and haven't seen it pop-up. Not sure if I haven't crafted the right thing yet, or if I've run into some sort of bug.

If someone could tell me what techs lead into the Microspheres, so I can be sure, I'd appreciate it.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ah, youll need to craft the Distortion Sphere II tech item. Again, if you already did once before.

12. dungeonguy88

dungeonguy88 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, thanks. Okay, just looked into things now, and it seems the Distortion Sphere II tech never unlocked, despite my having been using oodles of Volatile Powder, and that being the stuff that unlocks that chain. According to the Wikia anyway. Looks like it is a bug then, thanks for helping me figure that out.

EDIT: I just spawned in the tech, to skip past this little road block. Thanks again for helping me sort this out.

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I can't unlock DS2 either. Strange, because the code looks okay...

14. Senpai Deviljo

sayter is the phantom attack tech suppose to burn energy extremely fast? I have morphite mk 2 set and a energy pack that gives me +40 energy and it burn through all together 290 energy under 1 second.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

works as intended for me. either you are not reading its information and noting its effect properly, or another mod you have is conflicting with it.

it will sap movement speed and energy. In exchange, your next attack does heaps more damage.

16. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wonder what blocks the burning statue in fire rains? It seems a little bit strange that I can swim in lava with no problem but still cannot survive a lava rain. (I also noted that the burning statue is not given by contacting with the rain drops, but caused by the fires on the ground set by the rain.)

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

*status.

get fire immunity. done.

18. Senpai Deviljo

Whats the intendend energy stat i should have for it. for all i know it burns around 150 for the start up and then it burned the rest in 2-4 seconds.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

base cost is 120

20. Senpai Deviljo

Oh but i never had a combat mod for this. most of my mods are furniture or races. I did post my starbound log in the Frakling race mods but if want. I can repost it here for people to see?