1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game freezes during Prairie King

Discussion in 'Support' started by blind3rdeye, Apr 29, 2017.

1. blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

Twice today the game has become unresponsive while playing the Prairie King arcade machine.

I can't see any think of any trigger for the problem. All I know is that I was playing it game, it seemed to be working fine for several levels, then suddenly everything stopped moving and the controls no longer worked. I couldn't bring up any of the in-game menus; and Windows told me that Stardew Valley had stopped responding. So essentially the game crashed (but didn't exit), and I lost my progress for the day.

(It's particularly frustrating because the second time it happened I had won the game; and so I'll now miss out on my in-game reward.)

This happened on PC, playing with mouse and keyboard.

[edit]
    It might be worth mentioning that this has never happened to me before. These two crashes in the same day could just be bad luck; or it could be something special about the day I was playing (it was a high luck day); or it could be something to do with the new patch.

I tried playing again after posting this and I was able to win again without it crashing. I quit the game without attempting the harder playthrough after winning through, I didn't want to risk it!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017