1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Help! I need a way of resetting a character's colors!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Cen Silver, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Cen Silver

Cen Silver Phantasmal Quasar

I made the dumb mistake of recoloring my Avian in starcheat without making a Backup first, which worked perfectly... until I installed again the "Detailed Species" mod...

Now it just shows my char with some REALLY weird colors in the middle, and I can't delete it because it's my Main char in a Multiplayer Server... and then I would have to ask again for the owner to delete my name from the registered usernames... ;-; (Not to mention I would lose all progress on the story quests AGAIN...)

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i haven't used the mod, but this might still help. u can use a hex editor, Notepad++, or one of the 2 (idk which, i don't use them) dump_versioned_json.exe or make_versioned_json.exe to see the player files. one of the color replace sets includes the hex for the weird color you're getting, which can be fixed by setting it up like the rest of them

Cen Silver likes this.
  3. Cen Silver

Cen Silver Phantasmal Quasar

Yea nvm... thanks but I got it fixed already... didn't have the time to update this thread either... >.>

Turns out it was partly my fault, but it doesn't matter anymore because I realized starcheat is useless to me... so meh...

Thansk anyway tho'!