Modding Help I need help making a patch file.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by S00perEPICMrFox, May 23, 2017.

1. S00perEPICMrFox

S00perEPICMrFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm having a conflict with Frackin Universe because they added in Kirhos NPCs that use the Kirhos armor. I need to make a patch for all of the armors but I can't figure out how. is it as simple as doing something like this?
    [
    {
    "path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-",
    "value": {
    "item": "kirhostier5mhead"
    },
    "op": "add"
    }
    ]
    if so how would I figure out the path? or is there more to it that I don't know about?
    Also I'm guessing I should make it all one big .patch. Where would I put the patch file?

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So first off, a patch file goes in a "mimic" folder path, like if the armor you are patching is located in "mods/this_guys_mod/items/armor/armor_I_dont_like.(whatever armor kind it is)", then you would make a patch file in "mods/my_mod/items/armor/armor_I_dont_like.(ditto).patch".

Secondly, are you trying to replace a value or add a new value?

Wait... I re-read your problem... you need a player.config.patch in "mods/your_mod_folder/" written similar to this
    Code:
    [
            { "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : { "item" : "*item name*" }}
    ]
    In between each new item you need a comma, but make sure there isn't a comma at the end or else you crash instantly.
    Code:
    [
            { "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : { "item" : "*item name*" }},
    }

This will cause you to crash...

3. S00perEPICMrFox

S00perEPICMrFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I probably could have worded that better. Alright I'll give that a try, thank you.

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Here is a great website for helping create patches. I've learned a lot from it, seeing exactly how the pathing is suppose to go after I fail to patch it manually.
    http://chbrown.github.io/rfc6902/