1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Rippaw

Rippaw Void-Bound Voyager

Mhh this might be a bit early but did you ever think about other weapons for Lucarios to use? For example Metalclaw in form of small daggers you can dual weild or a spear in form of Bone Rush, maybe even make a dual Bone Rush version as short swords? As a shield you could do it similar to the Avali shields and make it a small force field but with aura instead of electrical shields that pops up. Ohh and of course gloves/knuckles for something like Close Combat. As I said this might be a bit early (or even a bit much asked) but could that be an idea for the future?

2. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

I've already thought of it before but I plan to make it a later combat update, possibly after this gets a Steam Workshop release. For right now I need to work on Armors, crafting, and all other general cosmetics to have it a completely separate race from the humans for the Steam Workshop release. After I get that done, then I can work on things like dungeons, mod exclusive features, and weapon updates. I have a list actually, written down of all I need to do to get this Steam Workshop ready.

3. Zancuno

Sorry everyone for the delay on production of the mod ... I've been actually sick for about a month's time now and because of that had less time to work on the mod whole trying to recover. I will update when I actually rid of this virus and hopefully have new content soon.

4. Zancuno

I'm currently working on fixing some things in the mod so it is playable in it's entirety. 1.2 kinda broke some things.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  5. Everglass

Everglass Void-Bound Voyager

You may wonder to yourself sometimes whether any of this really matters, and when you're looking for encouragement from the people you thought once loved you, rather then enforcement you're meet with further discouragement.

Well, the things you're doing do matter, whether they be busting your ass in the real world to help you find stability in your life or just spending some time investing it into a fan created project that you can be proud of, these things matter. Although they may be small in scope compare to the scheme of things, they help you grow as a person.

Sorry for the random post, just wanted to let you know that you're doing good work.

6. Zancuno

You know oddly enough when I posted that I became sick with the flu shortly after x.x. I have went ahead and fixed the recipe errors. It seems the iron bars and cobblestone has changed item name. Although due to the elemental damage changes I will have to test the weapons thoroughly to ensure that they work correctly, testing them on ever element of monster.

Although being sick has slowed me down and prevented me from doing anything. It has been asleep and then to irl job back and forth. Worst of all being a swing shift so I haven't been able to get the proper rest to heal. Of course this has made it extend the duration of being sick. x.x I hate it.

I might have to talk to Ochiru soon about the mod as All questions asked to Ochiru (even about special NPC) haven't been answered back. In the past Ochiru suggested passing on the mod due to his busy schedule. I honestly wanted someone to bounce ideas off of so the mod isn't made in personal taste. Lately I haven't seen Mackinz as Ochiru requested that the lopunny mod needs some love.

I hopefully want to get over this soon and start back in production. I not only do this but also run a Lucario group called Lucario Armis on Gaia Online, Facebook Page (for notifications), and on Amino apps.

Regarding the concepts, I will take the ideas listed here for reference to their designs. Although when I ask for opinions here, I will also ask on: Starbound Amino, Pokemon Amino, Lucario Amino, and even my own Amino Lucario Armis for a wider range of opinions so that way I can get a good debate on designs.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually going to try to work on the mod today.

7. Zancuno

Alright I have the tier 4 concepts ready for debate. I think this batch of armor came out pretty good.
    I know the differences between them may be a bit subtle but there are some differences. I actually did use the durasteel colors for the armor (durasteel has a bluish color) and the remaining colors were a bright contrast to even out the darkness and to give the armor a tech like feel. The armor covers the entire sprite since it's tier 4

[​IMG]
    Concept A

[​IMG]
    Concept B

[​IMG]
    Concept C

Feel free to debate and vote over which one you like. Leave any comments and even possibly name ideas for this set. This one is actually on male base as there is no need to create for the other base with all 3 options present. The armor will be about the same for both genders except the anatomical differences. I will be making the next sets of concepts on the female base though.

Edit: Made a "photoshopped" preview of how they would look in game. The armors have not been made yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. unownplyr

unownplyr Big Damn Hero

I'm torn between B and C.

9. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I usually just default to the creator's choice xD

10. Zancuno

I would tell you what the polls on Starbound Amino and Lucario Amino are getting but I'm afraid it would influence your answer :rofl:, choose what feels best. In a few days the polls will be over and the choice closed here and I'll have the answer needed to make the armor.

11. Zancuno

Okay Votes are in. Looks like C has won!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to vote in order to see the results for some reason but if you ignore my votes, it's obvious to see which won.

So now I have some work to do on the mod. Hopefully bug fixes and the new armor won't be the only update. I may surprise you!

Dilwolf likes this.
  12. Zancuno

Well... while working on the Tier 4 armor.... I ran into something.... I never really have looked at the tails of the Lucario sprites as most times they get hidden by the arms... Although upon attempting to put armor on them, I noticed something.... something which made my eye twitch in annoyance. This entire time the anatomy of the tail on the sprites was completely off. Not only did they look like they were coming off the back and not the tail bone but length and shape was wrong as well. I'm adressing this issue right now after studying the 3D model on Pokemon Sun. Their tails are surprisingly long. So there will be a sprite update to the race that will probably make them even more fuzzy.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Dilwolf likes this.
  13. Zancuno

Update:

-sweatdrops-

Okay just to say tier 4 was finally the last armor I needed to make to set up NPCs other than merchants and cooks....

So I finally got NPCs added in and went to test it out. I loaded Starbound, chose a game file. Then when the file loaded... for a brief moment it was unresponsive... then a glitch sound appeared...

A blue window covered my screen, there was a blue chat box in the top left hand corner with a : / face inside it. It was an error message saying something had gone wrong with my laptop. A QR code and a support link was also on the screen. It said it would be restarting my laptop, then my screen went black. My laptop does not want to turn on now. Pressing the power button only results in the power light flashing on and off and sometimes the disc drive light doing the same. It will not boot up or even try to. I have tried removing the battery and that didn't work.

So Dell support isn't being helpful since my 1 year warranty has already ran out on my over a year old laptop. I just happened to have this outside of their support hours.

So.... I'm using mobile right now and didn't back up the mod onto a flash drive or card because I wasn't expecting this. I take good care of my electronics.

I'm going to have to sort out my problems with this laptop because I can't afford another at this given time. I also don't have a back-up PC to work on. So just when I am actively modding again...

this happens x.x...

I will keep you guys informed, luckily I have a hard-drive to external hard-drive kit in case I have to retrieve my files in the case that it died.

Dilwolf likes this.
  14. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some nice progression since I visited last :D
    I would have gone with A or C, since B looks somewhat restrictive as for the jaw/mouth part, seems to go *behind* the aura appendages, and A seems to go under, which looks better. (Probably more comfortable too)

C, looks mostly like A but the most notable change that I've noticed are the caps on the end of the appendages, I'd have to see what it looks like on a normal-colored Lucario (unless that's actually a full-body suit, and thus the blue/black colors are not present, which would make sense), but it would make sense if they were some sort of amplifier for aura, which is the general idea here.

Sad to hear about your problem (Blue Screen of Death?), good to know that you can retrieve the files if needed.
    I'm no modder, but since mods in this game seem set in rather simple json-type files- and that I have an affinity for Lucario, I'd like to help with ideas for the mod. Someone to bounce ideas off of, as you put it.

Before I discovered your work, I added a makeshift colony/tenant thing, whichever it was at the time, With Lucario. Had trouble with spawn conditions, as the base mod has no Lucario-specific blocks. (also changed the namebase cause they seemed more like pet names)

If you want, I can be contacted on steam at nearly any time via: Santvarg
    (IDK if references to other accounts are a problem here, but I assure any mod who takes issue, I'm fine with this information being available to public, it's perfectly safe)

15. Zancuno

Nah my problem was a hardware failure. After lucking out at a local computer store where someone turned in a version of my laptop for parts, I was able to get my laptop fixed. Although I had to put the original manufacturer RAM stick back in so I'm back to 4GBs of RAM. I need to upgrade back to 8GBs of RAM in order to play the game safely. My laptop is a 64bit and this 8GBs is standard. The 4GBs gives little room for my laptop to work. If Starbound was run, at loading intervals it would be maxing out my memory (because of main processes being a touch screen laptop).

I have everything I worked on and no files were corrupted!!

I did make the npc and tenant files (there's a bed in the game so far) so I only need to test them. Which is when my crash happened.

So I'm going to have to upgrade before I test anything. In the mean time I will work on some stuff for the mod without testing it until the day I can upgrade my RAM (lucky it's around tax time)

Although here are some sneak peaks at some new color choices for Character Creation

[​IMG]
    TOXIC
    [​IMG]
    CERULEAN
    [​IMG]
    MELTY

I have a whole lot more colors planed and to make the "dreads" change color properly. I need to have a color for each color special "dreads" This means I need to create a new full body for every hair option minus 2 (The regular color and shiny color)

Now I can't really lock these colors to their appropriate counterparts unless I discover some special coding so expect some at times, "very colorful" NPCs.

For those who want a rainbow version, I sadly cannot comply. I tried for a rainbow varient but couldn't get the colors to look right.

Edit: If I get word, I may move the mod to a fresh page so normal updates are present and the regular download link will have the proper update.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  16. Dilwolf

Dilwolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's good to hear, and I hope you get that upgrade soon.

Those are some interesting new colors, Will look forward to seeing them on my Crew, or on my colony :D
    GL with getting in contact with Ochiru

17. xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw Void-Bound Voyager

How do you implement this mod into the Steam version of the game (update 1.2.2)? I would REALLY love to play as a Lucario, but I can't figure out how to manually add mods (apart from using the Steam Workshop). Either they do nothing...or freeze the game upon startup.

18. Joel1592

Joel1592 Space Hobo

PLEASE UPLOAD TO STEAM! I want to play this mod too, but I dont want to download something off of the internet and my friends wont trust it either and I want them to see it too! PLEASE UPLOAD TO STEAM.

19. Zancuno

I've got some issues with the NPCs right now. Whenever I set up the requirements for a guard it will always spawn the Tier 4 guard. It will not spawn the Tier 1-3 guards. I'm having to look into it. Hopefully I get this done soon so you guys can get fuzzy Lucario as your ship crew. I know with the way the legs are, most of you have been either using the avali or wearing basic armor for a moment to have your crew wear a uniform. Although I'm having trouble with replacing the protectorate legs with a Lucario version. I'm not exactly sure how to edit this.

20. Zancuno

No word from Ochiru but those things you mentioned earlier. The mod is still up for public improvements. If you want to link a file for the names the go ahead and I can add it to the mod. Some of the names so far had some humorous results when spawning tenants. Also thanks to a user on these forums. I am able to play Starbound with my restrictions due to a program I was suggested. I cannot play for a long period of time but I can still t least work on the mod.