Dev Blog Starbound 1.3 - Spacefarer Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I want hostile ships to actually be hostile ships, instead of ships with hostile people in them.

I also noticed several bugs with the new furniture.

Blevruz and STCW262 like this.
  2. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Could you elaborate on what the bugs actually are?

3. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

What if when you get on board the ship, all the containers are locked till you kill the ships captain, once they die, the loot is unlocked, but the ship is set to self destruct and you have 30 secs to collect all the loot from the sections of the ship and get off before its too late

4. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

not selfdestruct..... plz

5. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

It's nice work on these space travel areas in the mech, Though i really would like some sort of boss battles to some times spawn in instead of just these friendly/hostile ships, That bigger robot that shows up some times at hostile ships isn't even worthy of being called a miniboss with how weak it is.

STCW262 likes this.
  6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The Tesla Stream Mech Arm feels rather boring. Rather than practically being the equivalent of an electrical machine gun, it should instead act more like a rather short-ranged weapon that fires a continuous stream that jumps from enemy to enemy.

DraikNova and Orion_Pax like this.
  7. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

why theres no planet size info in Nav Ui?

DraikNova likes this.
  8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

No, no, no. I really don't like the idea of a self-destruct. Locking containers would work, but it's really not worth the effort, as the good loot is usually located in the cockpit anyways and you pretty much have to kill everyone on board to loot it.

That would be because it is not a miniboss, just a normal enemy type. More dangerous encounters have them spawning everywhere, not just one in front of the ship.

Kawa and STCW262 like this.
  9. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

well i hope they are harder to kill in those higher up difficulty areas, Those smaller enemies are harder to kill then those big guys in the starter difficulty.

10. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Why not? It be something exciting and chaotic. The containers have all sorts of rare and interesting loot, but you have a short time to grab it all, so grab what you can and not get greedy or die in the blast. Just find it a little more interesting then getting on board, mowing down everyone on board, and then grabbing what ain't nailed down, we already do that planetside, just something less expected you know?

11. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

It's harder to not get yourself killed whilst fighting them at least... Those lasers can shave of half of your health in a single salvo, and as they get very close to you before firing, they are not that easy to avoid. Plus they don't spawn alone, so you're busy dodging rammers or avoiding minelayers at the same time.

I get what you are saying, but I don't like it. I want to properly admire the ship, scan everything, and take every single bit of loot there is to find.

Ainzoal likes this.
  12. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

make a mod that destroys ship then if you want it

13. Mosswine Leader

Mosswine Leader Big Damn Hero

No, I get that. I mean within the system view, there's a radius that zooms you out, but sometimes planets go outside the window and it's very aggravating to have to wait five minutes to be able to fly to one. I would like to have the ability to move my view around while still within the individual planet's screen.

14. EmPyky

EmPyky Space Hobo

Dear developers!
    I have a question. How many years have you been working on completing the game to a good level, for which I bow to you, BUT!
    How many more years must pass, what would make a normal optimization?
    I will not reveal to you America, saying that the lion's share of players game is buggy. Falling FPS on machines that are powerful enough to play heavy 3D games are not able to withstand a pixelated game.
    Is not it funny?
    Can it cost to postpone updates to new lagging dungeons and missions, and complete human optimization?
    I'm more than confident that players will be happy with this much more than a new dungeon or simplification of gameplay, when everything around lags, when you see 5 enemies on the screen
    With respect, an ordinary player starbound

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@EmPyky, do you know how a modern 3D game works? 90% or more of rendering these intricate environments is left entirely to the video card's own processor, which is heavily geared to that stuff, leaving the main CPU to handle the rest, like enemy AI, game logic, sound...

Back in the good ol' DOS days, you needed a top of the line computer to run Doom. The original. Because the video cards had no processor at all, the whole thing had to be rendered in software, all 64,000 pixels of it, and all the game logic and such. If your computer was good enough to run a 3D game in 640x480 you were the man. 3D accelerators, which would later grow into the standard GPUs and such, didn't come until later, with the 3Dfx Voodoo and such.

Starbound is like a DOS game in that it draws everything by hand, and passes the final image to the video card to show. And that is why it runs worse than a modern 3D game... for some, I'll need specify, since it works just fine on this old clunker.

16. EmPyky

EmPyky Space Hobo

no. i dont. i know i can play witcher 3 on ultra with stabile 60 fpf.
    now tell me - why i cant play starbound without lags?

17. amirmiked12

cause they are not a veeeeeeeeeery big team.remember that

18. EmPyky

EmPyky Space Hobo

i remember. but he can make updates with mech and such?
    why i search in internet how to fix lags? why developers cant do this in 1 click, because i edit config in about 2 mins but this is not help? and im sure im not alone with this problem. this is true. look internet.

19. amirmiked12

Same here ..but you gotta chill.. If they fix the game... They will stop updating.. Lol

20. EmPyky

EmPyky Space Hobo

i chill nothing bad. i just cant understand developers. hes say 'our game stabile now, out of beta' truth is hes not stabile. he have lags.