1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Intro Sheet Music?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by npingry, Jan 28, 2014.

1. npingry

npingry Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, was wondering if anybody here has Piano sheet music for Starbound. I heard the Main Menu theme starting at 8:49

I thought it was beautiful and REALLY want to be able to play it. I was wondering if anyone here might have it. If so could you share it with me?

2. NBEOne

NBEOne Void-Bound Voyager

Yes something like that would be very much appreciated. I want to learn how to play this also.

3. Capt_Electron

Capt_Electron Big Damn Hero

4. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

Actually, I do piano arrangements a lot for friends and clients. I have been asked already to notate this for piano. I'll probably get around to it in the next week or so. I could maybe send a copy or something, or even post it here when i'm done as long as that isn't against anyone's wishes.

5. NBEOne

That would be wonderful if you could do so. No sweat if you can't get it though.

6. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

Edit by Finn Learson: Merged your double post!

Yeah, I'm doing it anyway so might as well share the love. I think the music for this game is really great. I'll be happy to post a link to a pdf or something but maybe I will email the composer first to make sure it's ok. ^^

I contacted Mr. Schweitzer and he gave me the go ahead to post this excerpt of his score. I believe this is the section OP was asking for. Enjoy! Feel free to check out my soundcloud page (linked in my profile page) for some original music as well! Have fun!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  7. NBEOne

Thanks, You are the best.

8. Aerexes

Aerexes Void-Bound Voyager

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if we can get the piano sheet music for the entire length? (It's prob 6 pages of slow notes)

9. If you do, please make it available! My original DAW file for this is a total mess and turning into sheet music would be quite difficult-- its one single, long, non-quantized take, so the MIDI data is unusable for sheet music. I'd love to see your transcription! :)

TrueEdge and nababoo like this.
  10. Zinjif

Zinjif Aquatic Astronaut

Would it by chance be possible to get a download of the MIDI's of some of the songs from the soundtrack? I'd love to play around with remixing a few.

11. I'll have to look through the original DAW files and find ones that would export nicely. Some of my sample libraries use standard MIDI controllers in proprietary ways, so exporting a MIDI file might not work. I know at least some of them should work, though.

linkthegamer likes this.
  12. Zinjif

Zinjif Aquatic Astronaut

That would be splendid.

13. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Once again, this is an old post, (but not THAT old) but I did have one question:
    Would it be at all possible to get a transcription of this in bass clef? I play the double bass, and I'm looking for ways to annoy my friends (by playing songs they know they recognize but can't figure out what it is).
    However, nothing really seems to be out there.
    Thanks in advance!

CBookie likes this.
  14. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

I have it sorry. I've been away from SB for a bit, but I'm back and checked the forums and saw that people wanted the transcription. I'll attach it here. It's just that little fragment that the OP was asking for. I can do more, so if there is a huge demand for it or something I'll get around to it eventually haha. Thanks to Mr. Schweitzer for letting me post it. cheers![DOUBLEPOST=1408340435][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh also, I have a midi file of the notation (i did it in finale). Mine is quantized for your convenience lol. If anyone wants it you can email me at freshearscomposer@gmail.com. It is really an amazingly beautiful theme that I will never forget. I'm so jealous, Maestro Schweitzer! Also, I'll post an audio file of the piano arrangement to my soundcloud page https://soundcloud.com/total-listener so if anyone wants to play along, they can use it as a reference. (of course, feel free to check out my music too! :p) I'd love to post them here (the midi and wav files) but apparently I'm not savvy enough to know how to attach those kind of files to these forum posts for some reason...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Skylander983 likes this.
  15. economicrex66

economicrex66 Intergalactic Tourist

This might be the best thing ever :3. thx Fresh Ears

16. economicrex66

economicrex66 Intergalactic Tourist

ok looky here, I just found two files and one of them is freshears's.

So... Here it is, and your welcome :) :3

"title menu theme" is Freshears's version and the "title theme" is the more fuller & more live feeling versn of the song.

Attached Files:

17. Both of these transcriptions are pretty much right on the mark from what I can tell-- there's a couple of places where there's a note or two that's a bit different, but the transcriptions still make it sound authentic to the score. Nice work, especially since my original MIDIs are pretty difficult to turn into something this nice. I'll be directing people here quite often as I get a lot of requests for sheet music, and I haven't had time to sit down and re-transcribe most of the music.

Fresh Ears likes this.
  18. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Would it be at all possible to translate the (more exciting) version of this score into music for a string orchestra? There's a music program at my school, and I would love to be able to suggest this to my instructor as stuff we can play.
    To be specific, the instruments that would need music are the violin, viola, cello, and double bass.
    ... I get the sense that what I'm asking for would be really hard, but I think it's still worth asking for it. The internet is an amazing place.
    Especially when musicians like @Curtis Schweitzer not only allow but encourage people to transcribe their music and then put it up for free download in a public spot. :D

Wulf_Oman likes this.
  19. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

I would love the Novakid theme as sheet music as well. (I Was Once The Sun?)

Type1Ninja likes this.
  20. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

I can do it. It isn't hard, especially for the parts I've already transcribed for piano above. One whammy that might present itself is that the string orchestra is pretty big, and a lot of this music is (in my opinion) pretty intimate. It might sound better as a piano trio or something but I would be totally be willing to give it a shot. Is there any particular track you'd like me to work on first?[DOUBLEPOST=1427613916][/DOUBLEPOST]
    for solo piano, right? If so, I could probs whip something up for ya

Wulf_Oman likes this.