Starbound : The Big Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Other' started by Psygnosis, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Bump with UPDATES !!

Check out the OP ( first post ) for more suggested and introduced stuff for both Developers and Modders !

Done spoilers with the old and updated requested suggestions and a new spoiler for this Month suggestions ( aug 2016 )

2. thogrinn

thogrinn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey !!! It's an awesome list, and it's cool, fishin' is coming to us :) IMO, Wormholes, invasions and more vehicles are good things (explore pods are fun and more efficient than hoverbikes). And for me, the game need space stations (maybe randomly generated in asteroids fields) and other ships ; With piracy, the possibility of addressing another ship (more random races based on mobs randomly generated), like randoms dungeons :)

The game is already amazin' and will be a reference !

Psygnosis likes this.
  3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Our duty to suggest awesome stuff !

Boarding ships and other piracy stuff should be implemented at some point, devs announced that feature time ago and really hope it will be introduced with also the famous Space Combat

4. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Small update to the OP Spoilers 2016

Added the " New Recipes / Food " and " Wind " that affect the player - in survival mode - suggestion to the August list and some updateds in the rest

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

New Suggestions added in the OP Aug Suggestions 2016 spoiler

Added some new suggestions for the upcoming Fishing Mechanics : Boats and Baits !

6. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

New and Updated Suggestions in the OP Aug Suggestions 2016 spoiler

- New Farmables : Updated and added new ones in the farmables pool ! The more the better !

- Pumpkins : Halloween is comin' and without them, it's not Halloween !

7. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

New Suggestions Added in the OP : September 2016 spoiler !

- Wather Tower, Fireworks reworked and explosivesssssssssssss

- Re-Introduction of the Throwable items that have been removed : give them back to us !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  8. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

New and fresh Suggestions Added in the OP : September 2016 spoiler - 6th Sept. Update !

- Spooky Forest biome

- New monsters parts / unique mobs

- Re-introduction of the previous builds Monster Parts and randomly generation

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

8th September 2016 - Official Release Patch 1.1 :

- Fishing
    introduced ! Marked as released in the OP spoiler suggestion

- Added new suggestions too, always in the OP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  10. stumbler

stumbler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I said it many time, but I still really want racial abilities to be a thing. Feels wrong to me than fish people can't breath water, and etc etc.

11. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Originally the racial passive abilities were in, don't know why they have removed them ( hylotl for example had that one to breath underwater ). I'll add it in the suggestion ^^

12. FrAndromeda

FrAndromeda Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd love to do something with breeding and farm animals. I've already figured some simple stuff out for a personal project (among other things made a new Fluffalo that drops meat (it doesn't die, it's possible but for some reason viciously hunting and slaughtering wild animals is fine but murdering my fluffy pet isn't *shrug*)). I've learned how to make crafting tables and custom recipes and items. Blueprints, etc. I should find out if anyone else has released anything or is working on that, but it does sound like fun.

Psygnosis likes this.
  13. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

NEW ( little ) Update 13th September 2016 Suggestion Spoiler :

- Legacy Stuff :
    request to get back some more items, food, cosmetic / vanity, etc etc from the previous builds

14. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about returning the old hotbar functionality where you could equip items from different slots without having to pre-prepare pairs of items? Or actually see the entire hotbar? Drag&drop the contents of the hotbar without having the inventory open, have a customizable default pair of items, not have to scroll through the MM modes when scrolling through the hotbar, etc. This without losing its current benefits of being able to access everything with just 1-6 keys and a switch, and equipping two items at once if needed.

We've been trying to hammer out a design that would work for everybody for some time now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

I can add it to the list, but I think this one will be a Modder job - probably Chucklefish won't step back and re-introduce the old Hotbar

16. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

NEW ( another little ) Update 15th September 2016 Suggestion Spoiler :

- Barber shop :
    a mass-requested community suggestion to change colours, hairs and stuff of our characters !

17. Voidthoughts

Voidthoughts Poptop Tamer

A suggestion I'd make is maybe the crew member's AI can be improved to wander the entire ship. Mine all tend to cluster on the teleporter making it difficult to interact with the one I want. Or use my ship locker. >.< Maybe even give us the ability to station them at an object that they won't move from like a chair or a console. Anything to keep them all from piling up on top of each other.

Psygnosis likes this.
  18. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yeah the NPC / Crew actually are kinda pissing off everyone, the AI should be Improved, so they can walk around all the ship rooms and not camping in front of the teleporter OR other objects we need to interact with.

I've suggested also to remove the " touch damage " ( even if they are not attacking you ) from the mobs and re-introduce back the previous combat stuff ( and it was way better )

Voidthoughts likes this.
  19. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

NEW 19th September 2016 Suggestion Spoiler UPDATE :

- Blood & Gore :
    a simple button to add the wonderful effect when killing mobs / npc ( like in Terraria style )

- Ship Crew AI : no more annoying camping NPC in a spot

20. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

NEW 21th September 2016 Suggestion Spoiler UPDATE :

- New Biome / Planet : Cyberpunk / Protectorate

- Enhanced Saplings
    - Legacy Dungeons ( beta / previous builds )