1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

sunflower seeds

Discussion in 'Support' started by chad115, Jul 19, 2017.

1. chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried to plant sunflower seeds on 2 different pieces of tilled dirt on 2 different days and both times it did not plant and gave a sound when this happend....does anyone know why? here is a video as to what happand, this is on a rainy day i also tried it before on a sunny day...

• chad115

so it's just the sunflower seeds there's no error at all i tried diffrent spots in the rain and it acts like a bottomless pit i can keep on clicking and it keeps putting seeds in the ground but none plant...all my mods are going to break in smapi 2.0 but they work fine now..any ideas?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Are you using any kind of crop mod?
        That error usually occurs when you're attempting to plant something out of season. Since, I see Blueberries, and Wheat; the sunflowers should also work. So, if they're not; there could possibly be a typo in the crop data for the Sunflower.

• chad115

no i'm using any crop mod..

• MysticTempest

Odd, well you can verify your files and see if that fixes things. Might also want to throw out your current Sunflower seeds; then buy a new stack. Just to make sure the save data for the seeds is new.

Instructions for verifying files:
            Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
            Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
            After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
            Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

• chad115

i did buy new seeds and use the cheat to spawn new seeds, both did not work, it looks like ti's only sunflower seeds nothing else.

• MysticTempest

Did you also verify the game files, and let Steam fix any that might be corrupted?
                Getting new seeds should be done after verifying the files.

If it's still broke after that; I'm not sure. I've only ever seen that issue with seeds when it's the wrong season. Whether in-game default, or through a modified crops file.