Your favorite piece of silly furniture?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I don't know whether it's a product of Gunther's taste or donations made by various townspeople, but the furniture you're rewarded with as you stock up the museum is distinctly unusual. It's the kind of thing that in reallife would cause some recipients to respond with violence, or perhaps a muttered reference to Addams Family Values. But in SDV, you can have the kind of furniture that would make an Italian interior decorator applaud, and no one cuts you out of their life.

So my question is this: what is your favorite piece of bizarre, funny, etc, furniture? The Bear Statue? One of the Sloth Skeletons? The Futan Bear? The Standing Geode? Something else? Or do you refuse to allow any of them into your home of homes?

sunlite likes this.
    • Trevs

Trevs Astral Cartographer

I actually really enjoy the crystal that makes random pitches. I like to see how fast I can click it.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Oh, you, too? Yes, that's my favorite.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can also hold down on the crystal to play it.

I like that piece as well as the big geode. I have that kind of stuff on my desk IRL, but obviously in small and cheap format.

• Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really love the bear statue but the geode and the chicken statue are good, too.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I like the drum block for some reason. I set it to bass drum and usually have it placed next to the shipping box (with the flute block on the other side). And it makes me smile every time I accidentially step on it :D

Seismothesaurus likes this.
              • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

I like the chicken statue, geode and the singing crystal.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The Obsidian Vase isn't a bad bit of decor. Like most here, the Singing Stone is my clear favorite, mostly because it /does/ something, but also because it's one of the few pieces you can put outside, so I usually make a little rock garden or something with it as the centerpiece.

There are some pieces so tacky I don't even take them from Gunther unless I've retextured them into something else. (@LuthienNightwolf gave me the idea to turn the Bear Statue into a standing shelf unit of small plants in one save. The Chicken Statue became a cauldron for kitchen witchery, too.)

gamerfluid and sunlite like this.
                  • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the crystal chair and the geode chair. It does kind of annoy me that so many of the pieces are so ugly though.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I've modded most of the really tacky stuff into something more fitting to my aesthetic but I do love the big geode and the singing crystal.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I put one on either side of the door in the house so it's loudly announced every time I come or go.

nomisupernova likes this.
                        • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Don't be knocking my bear statue now. :p

• LuthienNightwolf

If we could place furniture outside the bear statue would be a lot more fitting. I'd have it overlook my beehives. ;)
                            I modded him into a plant shelf though because I'm always looking for more ways to put greenery all over my house.

sunlite, ManaUser and Lilliput like this.
                            • Trevs

Trevs Astral Cartographer

But if I do that then I can't click it really fast. :(

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                              • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

There are so many furnishings that I think, 'gahh, this is perfect for the garden!' and you can't take it outside. There's got to be a way to fix that. Scarecrows can go indoors and outdoors... so can the Singing Stone. There has to be some kind of toggle in the items file that we can mod, just a little tweak that says, 'yes, this can go outside', doesn't there?

Borodin and Seismothesaurus like this.
                                • LuthienNightwolf

I was honestly surprised that feature wasn't added in with the last update. I thought for sure we'd get it since it's such a simple tweak to the code.

I recently modded the secret statues (more tacky things lol) to look like those pretty gazing balls you see in gardens, just so I'd have more things I could decorate outside with.
                                  Gazing Ball.png

gamerfluid, Borodin and Lilliput like this.
                                  • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That's great, you should post them as a mod. I keep meaning to change a scarecrow into a sundial for outdoor decor, myself.

• LuthienNightwolf

I've been thinking about it. I've been a bit shy to really post much of the stuff I've made (officially as a mod, vs. just posting pictures in my thread) because I figured since a lot of it took pieces from other mods I didn't want people to think I was stealing. These were pretty much made half from scratch and half from an already existing sprite from the game though so I'm probably good to post.

Borodin likes this.
                                      • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I did swap the sprite for the Statue of Perfection with the unused sprite for an owl statue in the same file. That big pink thing was tacky, but as a stone owl looks quite respectable, and still turns out iridium ore just the same.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I have the furniture anywhere mod and I placed my bear statue outside of Leah's house, and I swear I have such a bad memory that I occasionally will walk by her house and think, "Hmmm, I never noticed one of Leah's sculptures are identical to the bear statue."

I save edited a few statues of owls into my save, and I think theyre really nice looking. There's a lot of unused sprites, it makes me wonder what was scrapped when finessing the game.