1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. New Attacks, Balance changes.

Oberic
    Arm Cannons all now follow vanilla leveling systems (all tiers have the same base damage and attack speeds).
    X Arm Cannons may go back to having more randomized stats than the others, but for now they're the same too.

Removed like two shots from two rarities of arm cannons, left the assets in so if you have one of the arm cannons you probably won't have any issues.

Moved a rare shot-set to legendary (Plasma Barrage).

Cutter is no longer a sticky trap, it now bounces once per direction,...
    DarknessLilly likes this.
  2. Tier 6 craftable, and some minor balance,

Oberic
    There are now 5 types of arm cannon.
    The four rarities, and the craftable version.
    The craftable version costs 3 diamonds, 5 core fragments, and 5 erchius crystals, as well as 2 of each end-game metal bar. It has highly random stats compared to the natural spawning ones, and will always have random ammo types. Crafted at the Replicator (scifianvil).

Starting work on making Legendaries have non-random ammo types, but I need to design at least four to six more projectiles specifically for...
  3. Had a 10k damage issue.

Oberic
    Resolved by reverting one projectile to what it was before.

Going to do a lot of stuff before I upload anything else, assuming there's no issues now as everything besides the one projectile hitting ridiculously hard seems to work correctly.
  4. A bit soon, but legendary.

Oberic
    Legendary ranked arm cannons that is.

And I know it's a little soon but I had to push it early since a projectile I had just put in was doing 10k damage for some reason (it's a vanilla projectile, what.).. swapped for the reasonable version.

The legendary arm cannons are slightly stronger (like rare is stronger than uncommon, etc.), and have completely random main+charge shot pairings.
    Where the first three rarities are (currently?) preset pairs, the legendary arm cannon could be anything...
  5. Ice and Lightning!

Oberic
    Swapped out the glass burst thing for a customized ice version, should slow on hit too.
    Also added a charged Lightning style attack.
    Both are for rare arm cannons.

A couple more randomgen parts to make stubbier cannons, since there were a lot of long parts.

Also swapped out the crystal stab on rares for the cell slash, just temporary and vanilla, but it should look cool and it's a slash attack on a gun.
  6. Minor fix to treasurepools.

Oberic
    Apparently I did that wrong, fixed.
  7. Crash fix and treasurepools update.

Oberic
    They should now spawn at high tiers as well.
    And the double shuriken attack was crashing the game this time for some reason, despite it working before (?)..
    Fix'd. Thanks to Slurpington for the crash report.
  8. New projectiles, translucent crystal gun parts.

Oberic
    Corrected a middle that was supposed to be a barrel.

Three new projectiles,
    Cutter, sticks to the ground for several seconds, slicing any enemy that steps on it.

Radmissle, a rocket, standard shot. Currently paired with Cutter on uncommon arm cannons.

"Laser-1", a red laser that can ricochet off one surface if it doesn't hit an enemy. Currently paired with a powerful 10 laser shotgun version.

Sprites for these projectiles made by Qtw. :)

Also introducing: Translucent crystal arm cannon...
  9. Colors, gun sprites, some new or changed ammo

Oberic
    New color schemes,
    New ammo types,
    New gun parts to generate arm cannons from.

Rare cannons now have the least ammo types: From 3 common, 4 uncommon, 4 rare.. To 5 common, 5 uncommon 4 rare.

Probably going to start replacing the vanilla placeholder ammo with custom ammo unless I think it really fits.
    ~~Removal of vanilla placeholders should not cause issues with already existing arm cannons, they usually still work fine.
    siegeseya and DarknessLilly like this.
  10. small typo crash fix.

Oberic
    Nothing to see here! Just forgot to capitalize one letter in one projectile (they normally have no caps, easy to miss).
    Fixed now. Have fun!