1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. 1-handed, a couple of buffs, new bits!

Oberic
    Arm cannons are now 1-handed with exactly half the base dps.
    Dropped attackspeed to 3-5 shots per second (from 4-8); this will make them deal more damage per shot, felt necessary since you can use two of them at once.

Some new parts for them to generate from.

A new ammo set for common arm cannons (acidspit+phoenix, vanilla), for symmetry reasons, placeholder.

Buffed a few of the charged ammo types, hopefully I didn't break anything.
  2. Eureka!

Oberic
    Figured out a way to make the charge shot projectiles deal more damage.
    So now the bouncy energy ball and the buster charge shot are doing considerably more damage. They still don't cost extra energy, but the charge time makes up for it I suppose.

Also added an almost completely custom made charged projectile in the form of Plasma Barrage on rare arm cannons (shoots six pink plasma shots in rapid succession for crazy damage) ;D

A few other small things, some more parts to generate from and...
    DarknessLilly likes this.
  3. A thing was broken.

Oberic
    Thanks again v6ooo, you're awesome.

The thing should be fixed now.
  4. treasurepools fix

Oberic
    THIS TIME, the arm cannons should spawn in chests occasionally.
    Named the treasurepools file incorrectly...
    Should be fixed now!
  5. treasure pools and rarities!

Oberic
    The arm cannons should spawn naturally in random chests.

Now no longer hyper-random (can easily implement random ammo sets if is desired).

Implemented and modified some MMNgun ammos (mostly for rare armcannons) since that mod is defunct.

If you want to admin spawn in some uncommon or rare arm cannons they are called "uarmcannon" and "rarmcannon" respectively.

Still trying to figure out how to make some of the basic charge shots deal extra damage, may be able to use actionOnReap to...
  6. Fixes

Oberic
    Color fix of the newest color to make it greyer and make the red not atrocious.
    And a fix to two of the name-bits.
  7. Minor stuff

Oberic
    Just a bit more ammo to choose from. And a color scheme.
  8. Some stuff.

Oberic
    Charge indicator added to the cursor (exactly like staves have).
    Added rocket as a main shot, and that glitch sword that pops out of their staff spell as a charge shot.

I still can't figure out how to make the charge shots deal extra damage, so yeah.. Not sure if it can be done, feel free to chime in if you can fix it.

I've tried the bow draw thing, that crashes it.
    I've tried the original buster charge thing, that crashes it.
    I've tried things like powerTimeMultiplier (and many other...
  9. A new color scheme and shuffled ammo.

Oberic
    Every currently available normal shot and charge shot should be randomized now.
    So the charge for one buster shot could be a boulder, my custom nineshot, or a corrosive grenade (I really like this one, but I had to severely reduce the speed, so now it lobs instead of being a sniper grenade), etc.

Any vanilla projectile requests?
    I have tested rocket for the main shot, and it appears to do normal level damage (so we could have Samus Aran's missles if we wanted)