Doki Doki Dialogue (aka Stardew Valley Romance Project): Sebastian Edition
I love Stardew Valley, but I always thought the romances were pretty lackluster. As a writer, a game design student, and simply an avid fan of games with cute romances, I've taken up the mantle of fluffing up Stardew Valley in its romance department. This project has been over a year in the making.
What this mod contains:
- Seven (7) lines are general, and will appear in any season.
- Fifteen (15) new lines of romantic dialogue for Sebastian, written by yours truly with much effort put forth into ensuring they're all in-character.
- Eight (8) lines are season-specific; two for each season.
- In total, there is one 4-heart line, four 6-heart lines, and then five 8- and 10-heart lines each.
- All of these lines are available in any season at any heart level.
- Three (3) new in-law lines for Robin.
*Unfortunately, Demetrius does not have a flag to recognize the player's marriage with Sebastian, so there is no in-law dialogue for him.
Things to note:
- replace any vanilla dialogue.
- This mod does NOT:
- contain any post-marriage dialogue for Sebastian himself.
- alter/add any heart events.
- Stemming from this, the mod assumes you have given/will give Sebastian the bouquet as soon as he reaches eight hearts. There are no direct references, but the lines become more explicitly romantic, assuming you reciprocate his feelings, at that point.
- This mod overwrites Sebastian and Robin's dialogue XNB files. If you have any dialogue mods already installed that modify those files, you will have to replace them with mine. Though if you want to manually merge my dialogue with any other mods, be my guest, just don't publish it.
- I heavily based the general feeling of my dialogue on the way romances are paced in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. With my mod installed, Sebastian will show signs of falling for you at six hearts, and the lines will become progressively romantic as his heart level increases.
- This mod is completely safe for work! It's all sappy, fluffy goodness. Nothing gross. Please don't ask me to write anything NSFW; I will not do it.
1. After downloading, extract the file from the zip. There should be three, named "Sebastian_dialogue.xnb" and "Robin_dialogue.xnb".
2. Go to your Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue folder. (If you have the game through Steam, this will be found under Steam\steamapps\common.)
3. Back up Sebastian.xnb and Robin.xnb (the original dialogue files).
4. Remove the "_dialogue" portion from the name of my files.
5. Click and drag the new XNBs into the Dialogue folder.
Nothing other than the base game is required for this mod to work.
Enjoy! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I definitely welcome feedback/constructive criticism as well.
Want to follow my progress on the project? Interested in beta testing for me? Or just have a question? Check out the project blog!
Do you like this mod and the work I do? If so, please consider buying me a coffee!
Other versions of this mod (German translation and ContentPatcher-compatible) can be found on NexusMods.
Stardew Valley and all of Sebastian/Robin's dialogue before my addition belong to ConcernedApe.
Mods that can be seen in the photos:
Kamirose's Character Portrait Overhauls
I highly recommend this one!
Thank you so much to my playtesters who provided valuable feedback:
Other Doki Doki Dialogue files:
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Doki Doki Dialogue - Sebastian 2.0
Expanded romance dialogue for Sebastian!
- MAJOR UPDATE - Heart Level Re-haul Apr 25, 2018