The item and interface:
What the bleeding looks like:
- New characters start with a health monitor in their space locker.
- Health Monitors are also available for a cheap at the Infinity Express
- If you don't have a health monitor in your inventory then it's life as normal for you.
Why create it?
My siblings and I were clumsy, not paying attention to our health and dying unexpectedly. In our defense the health bar is way top left!
How to install
- The beep is the same one triggered upon low-hunger.
Don't worry, the beep won't double up on you if you're both low on health and hunger.
- Configurable in-game
When you activate the health monitor (left clicking on the screen while it's equipped), a window appears allowing you to configure what health percent triggers the beeping and bleeding. It also allows you to enable or disable the health monitor.
- Doesn't drop when you die
- Health monitor settings persist with your character
This mod must be installed on both the server and client. Assuming it's even possible, if someone wants to create a pull request (on github) implementing a reasonable solution to making this client-only then go for it.
If people find this mod useful then I may work on the following ideas.
- A toggle to disable the blood or beep individually
- Gore mode
- Configurable blood colors
- Automatically consume a heal item
-- End of github copy/paste --
I'm new to modding starbound - so if you happen to check my code and find I could have done things differently/easier then I'd much appreciate it.
To be extremely clear about licensing
I don't care what you do with my code at all. Claim it as your own even. I feel it's a bummer the default is to be so defensive about mods here because that same mentality made starcraft 2 custom maps useless in comparison to starcraft 1.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Health Monitor 0.4
Beeps and bleeds when your health reaches a configurable percent
- fix bug in windows Jun 24, 2018
- Update health monitor graphic Feb 1, 2018
- Compatibility fix and icon update Jan 21, 2018