1.4 Compatible - Also available on Steam Workshop
Previously known as the Quest Console mod, Portable Outpost allows you to access all of the quests, shops and services from the Outpost settlement from the comfort and framerate of your own ship or base.
The Quest Console can be placed on your ship, in your base or anywhere else you wish, allowing you to access all outpost quests from anywhere you choose. You will simply see a exclamation mark/question mark above the console as you would normally on the NPC's.
The Terramart has come to a system near you, adding a place-able version for your ship or base.
Infinity Vending Machine
Wouldn't it be cool If all the snacks, drinks and resources sold at the Infinity Express could be stocked in one vending machine? Well, now they are! Pick one up today!
Shady Crates and Penguin Pete's Vehicle Stash
The Penguin Bay is looking to get rid of their wares quickly, even if that means coming to you.
Obtainable Rob Repairo Robot
Now you can have your very own little Repairo robot! Aw, how cute!
"Hey, I'm not cute!" - Rob
Need to get from A to B without all that pesky outpost lag? Now you can. Purchase your teleporters from the comfort of your own home!
Frögg Home Delivery
The frog merchant is definitely climbing up the corporate ladder! Starting off as a street merchant, to owning his own store, and now he even delivers furniture...
Ores delivered straight to your door!
Beak Easy Franchise
Penguin Crew Members on the cheap.
Biggy's Reputable Weaponry
Black market weapons delivered straight to your ship or base.
Travelling Treasured Trophies
Trade rare wares on the go.
EASEL And EASEL Cabinet (Sign Store)
Place both of these on your ship/base to make signs on the go! But seriously, it won't work if you don't place both.
Mysterious Vault Box
An ancient box of unknown origin. Use it to trade Vault Keys.
Space Santa's Present Sack
Take home a sack of festive goodies for your ship/base.
This section walks you through how to install the mod, then obtain the Quest Console and the Outpost shops.
Installation is just like any other mod, just extract the downloaded portableoutpost[version].zip file into the mods folder at:
Windows (64-bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods
Windows (32-bit): C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods
Mac OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/mods
- You will receive a Quest Console Chip when you first meet Esther.
- You can also purchase another Quest Console Chip from Infinity Express or Infinity Vending Machine.
- Craft a Quest Console with the Quest Console Chip at your Inventor's Table
- You will receive the Portable Vendors when you complete the Quests to open their shops at the regular outpost.
- You can also purchase the Portable Vendors from their respective outpost vendors. (EASEL sold at Infinity Express, Biggy's is sold at the Beakeasy).
- You will receive a Peacekeeper Comms Chip when you first arrive at the peacekeeper station or you can purchase more from the peacekeeper shop.
- Craft a Bounty Monitor with the Peacekeeper Comms Chip at your Inventor's Table
Mod is pretty self-explanatory but here are some screenshots anyway:
This mod should 'work' with any other mods, as it only patches existing files/adds new ones. The portable vendors now sell the same items as the regular ones, which includes modded items. However modded quests/outpost vendors will not benefit from this mod.
Frackin' Universe quests and portable vendors are available with a patch:
- Frackin' Universe (with patch)
If your mod is fully compatible (contains recipes for portable shops and runs without conflicts), please PM me so I can include it in the above list.
The console only allows outpost quests, so you can't skip missions with this mod. There is also a secret quest that you will need to find near the outpost to complete. This is in order to not break the games progression.
- Lana Blake is not available as a Portable Vendor yet as I am working out how to implement her rotating inventory.
- Ursa Miner Quest is no longer at Quest Console due to issues with the quest.
- Penguins spawned on placement of Beakeasy Franchise do not despawn. Place carefully. Only known way to get rid of them is to hire them with a dubloon and then dismiss them.
Any other problems/crashes please leave some details in the discussion and your starbound.log file for me to look at rather than a bad review.
Hope you enjoy!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Portable Outpost (Quest Console) 1.9.1 for Starbound 1.4
Access Outpost quests, shops and services from your ship/base!