1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Retr0's Reduced Respawn Cost v1.2

Changes the percentage of pixels lost on death from 30% to 10%.

1. Retr0
    About
    This is a very simple mod that reduces the percentage of pixels lost when you die.

I did not think of the original idea for this mod. The original mod was created by Archer.
    If you want to see the original mod, click here. I just noticed that his mod hasn't been updated to the Upbeat Giraffe modding format, so I went and recreated it and updated it for the newest stable build.

Installation
    Just unzip the file and drop it into the "mods" folder inside the "giraffe_storage" folder.

Customization
    Customizing this mod is extremely easy and only takes a couple of steps.

To start customizing, open the "player.config.patch" in the mod folder with a text editor like Notepad. When you open it, you should see:
    Code:
    [ {"op":"replace","path":"/reviveCost/percentile/","value":10.0} ]

All you need to do to customize the percentage of pixel loss is to change number after "value":

Example:
    For those who still don't understand how to customize the percentage here is a example. Let us say we want to change the pixel loss to 74.5% ('cause we're crazy). In order to do that, all we need to do is to change:
    Code:
    [ {"op":"replace","path":"/reviveCost/percentile/","value":10.0} ]
    to
    Code:
    [ {"op":"replace","path":"/reviveCost/percentile/","value":74.5} ]
    Now when we save the file and open starboard the percentage should change!
    Warning! Tinkering with any other text besides the number after the "value": will cause the mod to not work. Alter the mod at your own risk!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    fmcisaac likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Mod still working for Glad Giraffe!
  2. v1.2
  3. v1.1 (Spirited Giraffe)

Recent Reviews

1. isaac331
    isaac331
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2
    30% feels too much, 10% feels just about right.
  2. thakyZ
    thakyZ
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2
    Love da monie!
  3. alan88
    alan88
    5/5,
    Version: v1.1
    pixel loss is way to high..well done ..i love it
    1. Retr0
      Author's Response
      Yeah I think so too.
  4. vivienne
    vivienne
    3/5,
    Version: v1.0b
    doesn't work with latest update....
    1. Retr0
      Author's Response
      Ill fix that! Just give it a few days.
  5. Eppy
    Eppy
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0b
    Short, sweet, and simple... just the way I like my mods.
    1. Retr0
      Author's Response
      Thanks! :D