1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Rocket Bubble with slow fall UG U2 P664 - 1

changes the Rocket Boots to look like the Gravity Bubble

1. BloodyRain2k
    This mod does two simple changes to the Rocket Boots:

The look gets changed to that of the Gravity Bubble, for one because they were the that before in EK and it grew onto me, for another because I find that the Rocket Boots look more like rocket farts.

The other change affects the whole jetpack tech type which is also the current Gravity Bubble and another tech although I don't know if that's even accessible: holding Jump + S will cause a slow fall where the bubble (boots, whatever) only trigger when your velocity reaches the point where the falldamage calculation starts.
    This means that you could, given a large enough energy pool, do a save drop from normally guarantueed death height.

I did this less for preventing falldamage as more because of being annoyed like hell from it activating after dropping through a platform.
    And removing an annoyance and adding a feature seemed just logical so this came out.

If you would only like to use either of these and not the other then you can do that very easily by going into the mod's folder under tech\jetpack and just add an underscore to the fileextension in question, the .patch is for the visual change, the .lua for the functionality.