1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue 1.0.5 Bug Unable to access Final Boss

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Buckeria, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Well i deleted all other unused logs (around 40 xD) so i hope i don't mistake them anymore.
    The files should be validated all one by one. Something like File.readAll() and then convert the json string to the appropriate class. So i think the information about the affected file should be correct.
    The loading order is possibly alphabetic. Each folder determines the type so i assume that's the case.

~ Iris ~

2. IchBinSneaky

IchBinSneaky Poptop Tamer

*ERROR FOUND*

Well, I buckled down and did the whole "remove all mods and ad them back one by one" thing.
    Conclusion: Without mods it works(!) Yay!
    With all mods added back in: It still works(!) Wtf?

So yeah, it's mod related, but I can't tell which mod. Perhaps one had be corrupted in downloading. Maybe you have to load them in a specific order for them to ruin The Ruin. I don't know.

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting peoples time.
    I'll include my list of mods here, in case anyone want's to investigate further (this is the order I added them back in, by the way).

Spelunking EPP
    Ceiling Mounted Sprinkler
    Advanced Proximity Sensor
    Water Source
    128-Slot Ship Lockers
    Reduced Fall Damage
    One-Handed Torch
    Container UI Tweak
    Searchable Tenant Tags
    Food Stack
    Unbreaking Fossil Brushes
    Craftable Stick of RAM
    Efficient Watering​

Now I'm off to kill some tentacles.

3. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad it helped :D
    As for mods, yeah, it's very possible that mod load order can have some impact, as it also happen in games like Skyrim (i know it's unrelated, but basic idea is same- replace or enhance existing game files) and Skyrim (and Oblivion if you care) didn't have vanilla launcher designed to move or edit mod load order, which made some mods overwrite other more important mod info making whole game a mess.

Also, checked again, and you didn't add ALL of your mods back and even 4 of them were in the end of mod load (according to log)
    Mods you didn't list:
    Tanz Lighting Overhaul (i personally don't see difference using this mod, still, keeping it)
    ExtraZoomLevels
    Item Broadcaster & Hyper-storage v1.5
    Tanz Tweaks - Textures (i think this one could have caused some problems)
    fommodnodistortionsphere (wth is this even? :D)
    Mobile Swimmer
    bettergates

Maybe if you add these back, you will crash again xD

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

I wonder which mod could have caused this...since no mod seem to alter this file.

~ Iris ~

5. Kulsius

I wonder too. Did you check them all? What about call for that file? Maybe some mod calls for some info not by tag (i mean, i imagine it's called out something like filename and tag) but instead assumes that information is in specific line and char and if file is altered by something else, it's faulty?
    just wild guess xD

6. Iris Blanche

I checked them by description. Maybe the loading messed up in some way or there was an remnant of an old file i guess.

~ Iris ~

7. Kulsius

Still weird. I just think it's some mod changing something important, maybe not on purpose, you know, just because someone left file somewhere xD anyway, it's fixed and we should be happy if we are not going to look into each mod looking for problem.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  8. IchBinSneaky

IchBinSneaky Poptop Tamer

Actually, those mods I removed earlier during testing, before I removed all the mods. The bug remained after removing that first bunch (though I agree that it's possible that some remnant of those had remained and caused the error). I suppose that I could try re-subscribing to them and see what happens (maybe this weekend, if I do I'll post my findings here).

Regarding mods that alter base game assets. I have noticed in the comments for many mods on steams workshop that using the "patch"-thing whats-it's-name to add content rather than hammering it into the package.pak assets is something that modders are only learning to do after the game went 1.0 (maybe that's when you added that functionality) but it seems like there are an unknown number of mods that still do it the old way.

As for 'fommodnodistortionsphere', hehe, yeah the modder could have picked a better name. What it does is that it makes it possible to do things like not disable Sprint when jumping etc. It's intended to make movement and use of special abilities/techs less restrictive. I hadn't really put it through it's paces before I removed it to see if it solved this Ruin bug.

I think this is the case too, but I can't begin to guess which mod it might be.

9. Kulsius

Yeah, i also haven't seen this one before, as Steam got native launcher only on 1.0, I believe and before it was using it's own launcher with no such option.

That seems like a big violation to me :D Tho, only my thought.