1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue 64BIT version stops responding on start up

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KptHalo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KptHalo

KptHalo Orbital Explorer

Hello there

I am at my last strip of hope when it comes to this issue: let me explain it as detailed as I can.

Whenever I try to start Starbound via steam it reaches a black screen with a white square which stays up for maybe 5-10 seconds and then the game stops responding. If I ignore the text box it will just stay frozen as I've tried doing this for 30+ minutes and interacting with the box instantly closes the game.
    This has happened before but it usually fixed itself after 2 tries, now I have probably tried this restart tactic well over 30 times.

From what I can tell the log doesn't say much and I have tried launching both with and without mods and I have also tried reinstalling the whole game about 3 times now.
    I've tried running the game as administraitor through steam and that has not worked either.
    I have even gone as far as to disable triple buffering in my graphics cards settings because it apparently worked for one person but no luck for me.

Discord I have tried disabling and even uninstalling just to be sure but no luck there either.

I have ran out of personal solutions and I am at a point of giving up. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how this can be solved?

I have provided logs for both mods installed and no mods installed below.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do you have any additional anti virus software running?
    Also what are your specs?

3. KptHalo

KptHalo Orbital Explorer

From what I can tell I have no anti-virus except windows defender

As for my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    RAM: 16318 Mb

4. NinjaDanny

NinjaDanny Space Hobo

I can verify I too am having the same issues. I have tried ALL the same steps and have the same specs only I'm running an AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU.

Does not work in 32bit, modded, or unmodded. Cannot play the game at all even with a clean install.

Also wiped all registry keys to no avail.