A brief introduction from a forum newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by CorgiDawg, Sep 19, 2018.

1. CorgiDawg

CorgiDawg Space Hobo

hello to all! I was looking for additional information on stardew valley and stumbled across this forum. I’m doing ok in the game considering my lack of knowledge on things. Reached level 10 on fishing but can’t attach bait to my iridium rid. Similar issue with choosing ammo for the slingshot. I am using a Nintendo switch. I can’t figure out the right click left click equivalent to use on the pro controller. Still fun, I just have to figure multiple ways to work through a problem. Stardew is a very nice alternative after the time I just put in beating BOTW in master mode. Looking forward to reading the forums for tips and tricks. I was layed up in the house for a brief spell and was able to get to year eight last night. :)

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I don't play on the Switch so can't confirm but I found that to use bait on your rod you have to select the bait with A, move it over the rod, then press Y to equip or unequip. I can only assume the same is true for slingshots and ammo.

3. CorgiDawg

CorgiDawg Space Hobo

Thanks I’ll give that a try ! Be nice to have a cloud save option so you can import to any platform you wis, that said I haven’t used the Xbox in almost a year, but i’ll give Fishing a try on my Xbox this weekend.

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Welcome to the forums, friend! It is nice to have you here!

A little tips: fishing on the bubbles will increase the chance of fish biting.

5. CorgiDawg

CorgiDawg Space Hobo

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. As I suspected fishing and the slingshot work the same for loading. My problem was I was trying to use it in a similar fashion to say putting milk in a cheese press. I.e. an object in my inventory operating on an item in the environment. Attaching bait to a rod both item are in my inventory so I have open up my inventory like I was going to rearrange items and chose bait, either single or the whole stack, and “move” it to the cell my rod is in to attach the bait, bobber etc. same with the slingshot. First open the inventory. Switch depress the plus button. Put the pointer on the “Ammon” use either ‘y’ or ‘a’ to select individual or in tire stack. Move the pointer with the stick then depress the button to attach . I just wasn’t opening my inventory but working as if I was interacting with an external item such as putting milk in a chees press where you don’t open the inventory.

6. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well, good to hear that, friend.

7. CorgiDawg

CorgiDawg Space Hobo

Now if I can get the cloud save to work on Nintendo online! Only about 50% of the time for stardew. :(