1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

A suggestion to reduce lag

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Event Horizon, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

From what I've noticed on my i5 3570k + HD 7950 computer, the only thing that ever makes the FPS dip below 60 is when there is too much money on the ground. I propose that nearby coins will automatically condense into larger coins. Because coin amounts are currently hardcoded values, I also propose that the 'type' of coin (eg the $100 coin) become valid between the intended value and the next coin's value - 1. eg if there is a $5 coin and a $10 coin, the $5 coin will display for cash values of $5 to $9.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Hm. Interesting idea that might also prove aesthetically pleasing. I like it.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Huge/fancy coins for ludicrous amounts could actually be pretty neat. This suggestion brings to mind the mana crystals in Dungeon Defenders and how every time I think I've seen the last size, I find out there's something huger and shinier for an amount I haven't even amassed yet.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

What, how can you suggest downgrading the game, the epic amounts of cash spewed out end game is just, so, epic.

• Sundowner

Sundowner Astral Cartographer

Perhaps it could be a feature turned on and off, incase there are folks who want dosh everywhere.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I could get behind an option then yeah. :whoop:

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ludicrous amounts of coins are epic, yes, but what if we had ludicrously SIZED coins in the end game? Eh? Eh? I do agree though, there are too many coins once you start to gib hordes 30+ minutes into it.

I don't think coins need to do anything complicated like condensing, I think there just need to be larger denominations. Maybe $100, $250, $500, and $1,000?

Event Horizon likes this.
                • Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

IIRC $100 is the biggest currently.

Maybe larger coins for $250, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k, and finally 100k. Nothing's ever going to drop 100k by itself, but it's good to have :lol:

Rawrquaza likes this.
                  • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to see coins that look prettier and also resemble larger amounts of cash. Imagine something like this dropping:
                    [​IMG]

okok111 and Event Horizon like this.