WIP Abandoned Idea

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Rhapsodes, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Rhapsodes

Rhapsodes Title Not Found

[​IMG]

Sorry for how bare-bones it is. It's just the exterior for now, but I might end up redoing the color scheme later on. Although I'm most definitely going to need to look more into it, the idea I have is to turn the abandoned Joja mart building (assuming the player repaired the community center) into a hotel sometime during year 2 or 3 through events resource/money costs (like the Joja bundles). I'm hoping it'll serve as the residence/hub for custom NPCs and I'm in the process of creating a receptionist NPC right now through SMAPI.

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I love that idea! Great work so far :)

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

What a cool idea.

• blohod

blohod Master Chief

What a great way to repurpose the space

Rocie likes this.
          • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I totally support any mods that can repurpose the old Joja building after the Community Center has been fixed. :)

• Rocie

Rocie Space Hobo

Oh yay! That'll be fun!

• Rhapsodes

WIP on the interior:

[​IMG]

Floors and wallpaper might change and I might move the room around. The limited space might be a problem. I would love suggestions.

MoonDrgn13, Acerbicon, Rocie and 2 others like this.
                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

The main purpose of a Hotel is to have rooms and right now you only have one. This is not even an inn yet. :p

Jokes aside, I think right now the living room area on the back is what's "stealing" away most of the space.
                  If you gave up the fireplace idea and moved the table and couches into the bottom left corner, you could maybe squeeze 4 rooms on the back (2 on each side).
                  You could also have a floor/wall TV against the wall of the bottom left room instead of the fireplace.
                  Also, don't forget all great hotels are all about looks. Some colorful potted flowers might help bright up the place, but be careful not to add too many and make a jungle-themed hotel. :p

Speaking of themes, that actually gave me another idea. :idea:
                  If you do manage to squeeze 4 bedrooms in there, maybe each bedroom could have its own theme.

Another idea (again, if you could fit 4 rooms in there) would be to, instead of having 4 bedrooms, having 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 kitchen.
                  I'm trying to think of what a real Hotel would be like.

ALSO! xD
                  I know several brilliant modders here have managed to make custom maps with several floors. I have NO idea how it's done, but maybe someone else could help out.
                  That could be a way to solving the lack of space, as well as expanding on what features the hotel has (eg: lobby + waiting on 1st floor + bathroom, bedrooms on the 2nd floor and kitchen + buffet area on the 3rd floor).

p.s: If you people can't tell by now... I've been daydreaming a lot lately. :lickitung:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
                    MoonDrgn13, Rocie and randomAnon123 like this.
                  • Rocie

Rocie Space Hobo

Awesome! Man I wish I could do stuff like this! <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

As long as the map itself remains within 155 by 155 tiles, you can expand it as big as wanted, this includes making separate rooms elsewhere on the map and teleporting people there.
                      Although, since this mod is going to require SMAPI anyhow, you might as well have each floor on its own map.

• Rhapsodes

You can. I used to think this too until I decided to try it out. You'll never know if you can until you try.

Thank you for the suggestions! I might not be able to fit 4 rooms in the back, but I can fit 3 in the back and 2 more on the left side. And thanks for mentioning the fireplace. I feel like I can finally get rid of it now; it felt really tacked on.

• Rhapsodes

Sorry for the double post.

I was hoping to avoid adding another floor, unless it was a basement floor, because I wanted the perimeter of the building to match what it used to be when it was Joja mart, but I might end up making extra floors. I also might start over.

[​IMG]

• Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Interesting idea, also definitely looking great!

Also on a side note, even if you don't add more floors/start over it still looks good so far.
                            If you do start over I would say expand the building to the right to encompass the truck and loading area to create a "larger" interior, then perhaps change the Joja sign to a fancy Hotel Sign, then of course more floors, perhaps a boiler room in the basement, etc. etc.

Just my thoughts, but either way it looks good and great idea for those of us doing the Community Center!

• Rhapsodes

I've doubled the size of the building, so hopefully everything will be able to fit much better. Other than that, I've been working on some NPCs for the building:

The first one is a Monk of Yoba. He doesn't have a name yet and his dialogue will be similiar to that Zenyatta from Overwatch, because I'm not that creative. I do want to have an event with him meditating with Emily since they have both the sprites for it.

[​IMG]

The second is the housekeeper for the building. She doesn't have a name yet and I have no idea about dialogue. I want to get a "book club" event going on with her, Penny, and Elliot since they have the sprites for it.

[​IMG]

I'm not an artist and these sprites are from a game called Terranigma. I just tried to Stardew Valley-ified them as best as I can.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
                              • pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

I love this! Definitely will be watching this thread. :) Good work so far!

• rowanalpha

rowanalpha Aquatic Astronaut

A cool thing to do would be have four different npcs that stay at the hotel, 1 each season, that give the players some different interactions to have.

DatRaph likes this.