Modding Discussion Alchemical Reactions

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mioure, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Mioure

Mioure Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT: The mod was released, and wanted to update this thread for anyone following
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/alchemical-reactions.4499/
    Enjoy!
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Hello, and Welcome :)
    I've been working on a mod for a while now, And I wanted to make this thread asking what you all thought about some screenshots I took :eek:

I looked around and didn't see any Alchemy-Based mods out there, So I'm sorry If any have come up during the development of this one. If anything in my mod looks similar to yours, again, I am sorry, and I did not copy any mods thus far. Everything, from the assets to the designs, were created by myself, and some help from my friends on Discord.

With that out of the way :) Lets go!

First of all, the main direction for this mod was to allow the player to create potions that, when drank, provides their respective buffs onto the player. This ranges from every beneficial buff in the current version, to also mixed potions that provide multiple buffs at once.
    To make each potion, you will need an empty bottle of the respected tier, powders that accompany that kind of effect, and an essence from the planet itself.
    [​IMG]
    There are 5 types of potions, ranging in 4 different tiers, and 1 extra side-potion that I will get to later.
    The tiers are represented by how long each potion lasts.
    Vials < Potions < Tonics < Elixirs

Each tier has a set time limit for the effect of the buff, but mixing potions will increase the time by a small amount.
    Only Tonics and Elixirs can be mixed, so the effect tiers will go as follows:
    Vials < Potions < Tonics < Mixed Tonics < Elixirs < Mixed Elixirs

Here are some (not all) of the tables that will be used
    [​IMG]

I also plan to have a couple quests, Not too many, that will help the player figure out some of the more difficult mechanics.
    [​IMG]

Along with this, the mod will have a heavy storyline that ties everything together with vanilla Starbound.
    [​IMG]

One of the best things I've been able to accomplish was the creation of Brews.
    This is the additional potion type I talked about earlier, and It was indeed the hardest to make.
    Here is a short glimpse of what is included:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The mod is currently being tested by a friend of mine for balancing.
    As of right now, Its in a stable enough state to be fully functional, but not everything I have planned is included in the current build. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it and release it within the next few weeks :)

Please let me know what you think of this idea, and If you would be willing to try it out in your next playthrough.
    All opinions are welcome!
    Thanks again for reading this.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember that in the EA there were some mods that add alchemical labs that added different kind of potions, Medical Station i think that was called one and the other that added new materials which you could combine them in alchemical lab.

I willing to try it when is ready, i like mods that add stuff like that, the vanilla table that lets you create stim packs is lacking a lot of things like that.

3. coolrt89

coolrt89 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pumped for this mod, it looks great.

Is there any way I can test it out? If I can send me a message on steam (my username is Magicmaan775) and I'll test it for you.

4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Very interesting concept! Provided you achieve an ideal balance, this is definitely something I would enjoy!
    There's not enough magical/alchemical mods out for Starbound; So, indeed, it is a lacking field that I would like to see filled.

I give you my best wishes.

5. Mioure

Mioure Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.