WIP All About Shane - Dating

Discussion in 'Mods' started by EltonScone, Mar 14, 2016.

?

Clap if you love Shane!

1. Clapclapclapclapclap

2. -Crossed arms-

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. baratinha

baratinha Master Chief

CLAP * ∞

EltonScone likes this.
    • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I crossed my arms to prevent myself from running my hands all over this hot hunk :p

EltonScone likes this.
      • raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

He's just so sexy and brooding. *swoon*

EltonScone likes this.
        • sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

Hi! I just released a mod with full support to date & marry Shane, with additional marriage dialogue and other features! As someone who figured out how to make him fully romance-able with just XNB modding, let me know if you have any questions. ^^ It's actually quite easy, even for someone (like me) with very little coding knowledge.

EltonScone and raenevigil like this.
          • EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Fantastic! Could you please give me a few pointers? -I really got frustrated at one point and in order to be able to sleep properly at night, I must know things!- I think I am going to download this mod!

• sivolobwho

Of course! I modified only 6 files to make my mod, and they were his sprite sheet, his portraits, his dialogue, marriage dialogue, engagement dialogue, and the NPC dispositions file. I'm on my phone so I don't have all the exact file names, but if you need me to specify I can later. Adding engagement dialogue for Shane seems to be what makes the game not freeze when you give him the pendant.

Edit: I also modified the tBIN map file in spouseRooms.xnb, but I can't figure out how to get his spouse room to actually show up, so the file isn't really doing anything.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
                EltonScone likes this.
              • EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Nice, I know which files you're talking about. I assumed I had to change those to make the game not crash but for some reason I couldn't re-pack the .yaml back into an .xnb even though I had done it loads of times.
                It's all good, thanks for getting back to me. By the way, your mod is great :D

• sivolobwho

I'm glad you like it! My main problem with repacking the .yaml files was forgetting to put #!String after adding new dialogue lines. ^^; They won't repack if they aren't there.

EltonScone likes this.
                  • EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

AAAAHHH yeah, ok. I think I get what you're saying. Thank you, that was bugging me, honestly. I'll give that a go now. Just kinda doing it at this point for the sake of learning lol

• sivolobwho

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out that THAT was the problem. I was ready to throw my laptop across the room lmao.

EltonScone likes this.
                      • EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Still got me a little stumped, but that's a big help. I would have never worked that out on my own. Cheers :)