Feedback Battle animation skipping should just be a single click/press

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Battle Bee, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

It's a slog, having to hold a button down for 2 seconds to skip a scene that's almost over anyway by the time the timer is up - but neither do I want to disable battle animations completely. It also feels extremely unresponsive and clunky, like having massive input lag.

Like in Advance Wars, animation skips should just involve pressing the button once. No holding down. It's not like it's a big deal if you accidentally press the button and skip one animation.

barokas and ErkErrrk96 like this.
    • NinjaKnyt

NinjaKnyt Lucky Number 13

Agreed, this is a mild annoyance, I also think a toggle in the settings menu may be appropriate.

barokas likes this.
      • The_Tragicz

The_Tragicz Lucky Number 13

100%

barokas likes this.
        • matchet

matchet Master Chief

Alternatively, an option to speed up the animations by x2 or x 3 may be handy (if sound is managed properly)

barokas and McMarius11 like this.
          • barokas

barokas Space Hobo

I think the key to skip the animation after 2 seconds should instead speed up the animation by 2x. :

1) would probably take approximately the same time (instead of waiting 2 secs to skip, just speed up for as long as you press the button).

2) allows you to see the result of the battle. the first 2 secs are the least important anyway, I’d rather have a quick idea of how much damage was dealt instead of skipping the damage dealing.

3) more consistent with how you speed up your own unit movement animations or the bots’ turns.

4) allows you to actually see the animations! even if slightly sped up. the animations are great and the fighting screens are good for immersion, at least personally speaking, so a speed up would be the best of both worlds.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
              McMarius11 likes this.
            • R1LY

R1LY Void-Bound Voyager

I agree, but there is a sluggish feeling with some animations, and excuse me if I talk about something a bit different, I think the inmediate skipping should be there but even when I disable the animations the game feels a bit slow, however, holding the B button makes everything faster, but why I need to hold a button that works as a selection cancel? it would be neat if we can speed up the general speed of movement with the triggers maybe? a button or a key dedicated to speed up, like in advance wars days of ruin, but working not only in the fight animations but in the map as well

barokas likes this.