1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Beer Me (Brewing Mod)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Inconspicuous, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All those horrible back stories getting to you? Time to wash away your troubles with your good friend liquor.
    [​IMG]
    Just kinda ignore testdrink over there

I am not good at these description dealios so I'll just make it a FAQ format.

What does it do?
    Let's you actually brew the alcoholic drinks in starbound instead of scouring chests for expired bottles and flasks of the stuff.
    Why not include the non-alcoholic drinks huh? there's kids playing you know!
    The regular drinks can be made or bought... I think? I don't really know now that I think about it, either way I wanted some alcoholic drinks and to my shock there wasn't any recipes for them, yet they were full implemented in the game. So I made this mod which adds recipes and allows you to brew them.

Will there be more drinks?
    If people like this then I'll add more drinks, if not then well I guess you'll never taste that sweet pangalactic gargle blaster.

How do I make the brewing vat or whatever?
    Place one copper bar in a furnace and smelt. (I'd like to thank toast_storm for coming up with this brilliant idea of getting modded items of which I took without asking or anything but I hope he's cool with it since I'm giving them credit now and maybe again at the end of the post).

How do I install it?
    Read this http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-proper-way-to-install-mods.41929/
    Or if you're extremely lazy, make a "mods" folder in /Starbound/ and drag the brewing mod in, then modify the bootstrap.config file in the folder named after your OS. So it looks like this.
    Code:
    {
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets",
        "../mods/brewery"
      ],
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

Can we get hangovers?
    Haven't implemented, right now it's just another kind of foodstuff. I might add it later if i'm bothered.

Does it work in multiplayer?
    -shrug-

Why did you make this mod? I feel the devs would implement this sooner or later.
    Damnit man I want it now! also i was bored and wanted to try modding SOMETHING into the game, fuel and weapons are already done so I did something noone else has done yet. Also if the devs did implement this later then woohoo the pressure is off and I can fade away to obscurity.

Why is it called beer me if there isn't any beer?
    Because space beer is hard to come by and I suck at spriting.

Credits (Or rather, people I should mention because I pilfered their ideas or their work inspired/assisted me in some way)
    -Toast_storm
    -Sethkipz
    -Arcadiax
    - Someone else I forget the name of, whoops.

Download
    Not only is it attached but if that fails here's a download link
    http://speedy.sh/AZ6th/breweryV1.zip

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Payroll and RockyTV like this.
  2. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

I like this mod!

Inconspicuous likes this.
  3. denman

denman Space Spelunker