Modding Help Beginner Modder- Error when loading custom maps?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by amazing_eri, Feb 1, 2020.

1. amazing_eri

amazing_eri Space Hobo

Heya! I'm working on my first mod ever and I'm not really sure how to read and/or troubleshoot the errors in the SMAPI log.
    I'm trying to add a custom NPC with Content Patcher, so far everything works fine except the custom maps and warps.

The errors appear when I try to load up a save, and then it leaves me on an infinite loading screen.

If anyone could tell me what the error log means and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it!

The json with my code, if you want it:

{
    "Format": "1.11.0",
    "Changes": [
    {
    "Action": "Load",
    "Target": "Maps/Town",
    "FromFile": "assets/TownEdit.tbin",
    },
    {
    "Target": "Maps/MaeHouse",
    "FromFile": "assets/MaeHouse.tbin",
    },
    {
    "Target": "Characters/Mae",
    "FromFile": "assets/Mae.png",
    },
    {
    "Target": "Portraits/Mae",
    "FromFile": "assets/MaePortrait.png",
    },
    {
    "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Mae",
    "FromFile": "assets/MaeDialogue.json",
    },
    {
    "Target": "Characters/schedules/Mae",
    "FromFile": "assets/MaeSchedule.json",
    },
    {
    "Action": "EditData",
    "Target": "Data/NPCDispositions",
    "Entries": {
    "Mae": "adult/polite/shy/positive/female/datable//Town/fall 8//Town 28 66/Mae"
    },
    },
    {
    "Action": "EditData",
    "Target": "Data/NPCGiftTastes",
    "Entries": {
    "Mae": "Woah, seriously? You're awesome, thank you so much!/72 64 206 337 394/Oh, neat. I was just looking for one of these!/398 421 150 400/...Did I do something to make you mad..?/256 272 225 226 148/Why the hell did you think I'd like this?! You're terrible!/22 90 130 131 132/Thanks, this is cool./-5 194 442/"
    }
    },
    ]
    }

SMAPI error log: https://smapi.io/log/e139ca2ea7c140b79e18d44e16828f85

Also this is my first forum post! Please let me know if I missed any important info!

• catstar8

catstar8 Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure how much I can help without seeing your actual town map edit, but something is up with the town specifically. Maybe your warps are incorrect? You can get more help at http://reddit.com/r/SMAPI or on the discord: discord.gg/stardewvalley The modding channel is super nice and helpful and we're usually pretty active, so someone could take a look at your tbin there and see what might be going on with it!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Custom locations cannot be loaded with Content Patcher, they must be handled with TMX Loader! If you need help, please come to one of the two places catstar mentioned, there are only a few of us monitoring the forums these days.

• amazing_eri

amazing_eri Space Hobo

Ah, okay! Thank you both! I'll take another look at my map edit and change over to TMX Loader to see if that fixes it. If not I'll go to reddit or discord, like you said. Thanks again!