1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

[Bug propably] Duplication Vehicle in Outpost

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PowerManPL, Jul 22, 2016.

1. PowerManPL

PowerManPL Poptop Tamer

Hello, i hope that's good forum for that stuff.
    I just found a bug (i think that's a bug) that can give you second new vehicle almost for free. I came to the Outpost and summon my damaged red Hoverbike, I got out of it, bought auto chip and repair. Then i could summon second 100% health hoverbike (mine hb was ~10% damaged health) and ride on both of it (could return only one hb to the controller at the same time). Anyway, when you summon two of them, you can buy another auto chip and repair your vehicle again but it will require 5 auto chips to fully restore health (will show zero level of health). If you will use only one auto chip then you'll have new vehicle with 20% health, that's how it's working for now. Of course it will disappear when you beam up and come back, but nevertheless you can make an vehicle army in the Outpost for many players that can drive it from only one hb or whatever else. That's just my notice i've observed.
    Thanks for reading, and sorry for not too good english (it's not my native language).

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I wouldn't consider this a bug. The chip stores the vehicle like it is a garage. If it is not present in the chip, the repair robot consider it as completly broken because when a vehicle looses all it's health it'll disappear (explode). So an empty chip is considered as a destroyed vehicle. Sure you can spam the outpost full with vehicles but they won't be that useful at the outpost ^^ And every repair will also cost chips. I think it could be intended that you can spawn more than one after you purchased it. So you could build up a street around a whole planet and support you and friends with vehicle for traveling around this planet. Or you build additional small bases on planets you often visit and place in every base a vehicle.

~ Iris ~