build your own house?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Camz, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

If you're just moving walls inside a preset floorplan, it wouldn't be too complicated. That way we could prioritize space for kitchen, living area, bedroom, etc.

falseangel likes this.
    • CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, didn't think of that :eek:

Zellman likes this.
      • Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

I would really like to see a way to modify the outside of the houses a bit by painting, or different materials. For example, it would be nice to be able to build a brick house or have options for the house will look. I'd imagine you would need different materials to build the various types of houses. maybe you could start in a tent, then have several different house types depending on the materials/money you have. You could have a cob house (hobbit hole mound with grass), then progress to different materials or mansions.

• falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

I posted a thread in the suggestion part of the forums if you would like to voice your opinions there too. Because frankly i think there should be more options in construction, would be kind of limiting to have only unalterable default buildings.

• Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

I think this could be true of barns and coops as well. It would be neat to be able to customize how your coop is laid out. But none of this is make-or-break for sure.

• CJoker3221

Just make sure that the insides aren't extraordinary bigger than the outside..like a 4th dimension barn o_O

djchrisblue likes this.
              • djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I'm torn about this. :) I would like it if the buildings outside size *slightly* correspond to the inside, but I understand that in this type of game typically enjoy Bigger on the Inside rooms and buildings, so I know there will be some difference. HM games are *notorious* for tiny exterior/huge interiors. Plus, I guess it can be annoying to run super far just to get next door especially in a game with limited time.

peace

• CJoker3221

Yup, Harvest Moon Problem right there

• Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

All houses in Harvest Moon are Tardis problem solved :p

• CJoker3221

Then there should be an actual 'Tardis' in SV, as a cameo :p

• Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

How about each house upgrade gives the player a certain amount of ''walls'' that he can arrange as he likes?

• Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Its good to see this thread discussion has taken off and theres lots of good idea's and concepts on the whole house customization guy's :) Your trusty Cyber Cat Camz.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Floorplans: Welcome to the Sims. :rofl: