Modding Help Calliote FU-Support.(Stats,Weapon Boni etc.)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Serriro, May 25, 2021.

1. Serriro

Serriro Space Hobo

Greetings,

i guess i'll get right to the point. ^^

Am trying/looking for a mod to add FU-Support, to the Calliote from the "Callistan Race Mod" by Roskii Heiral.
    (link to the mod)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774083065

The mod comes with 3 Races (1 Main and 2 Subraces that were later added), Callistan,Calliskii & Calliote (Each having slightly different Appearances).
    [​IMG]
    Now, the mod has FU-Support (as seen on the picture)but only the Callistan and Calliskii have the Stats,weapon boni,diet etc. . And i'd like those Stats/Perks, to also apply to the Calliote.

Is there anyway to create a mod fo they get the same Stats/perks and so on, as the 2 others. Since 2 of the 3 have the Support already,i was hoping it would be as easy as "copy and paste" from one to the other.

Thats why am asking for help .If i can get an explanation then maybe(?) i can do it myself.But currently am kinda Stuck, and dunno where to get started/ how to do it. I don't really have any Coding experience, like i know how to for instance edit my Character name with Notepad++ but thats about it .^^

Thanks you for reading, i hope i explained it right, what am trying to do/looking for.

Have a nice day.

EDIT:

I mean for Frackin Universe Base mod, so not Frackin Races ^^

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  2. Zaakari

Zaakari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Greetings,

The stats list that you see in those images is just some text that gets put into (or in this case patched into) the callistan/calliskii species files. So adding that is pretty simple, just add a new patch file in the "/species" directory named "calliote.species.patch" containing the proper patch operation (replace in this case).

Getting those listed effects to actually apply in game is less obvious; but if you look in the "/species" folder in the Frackin Universe mod you'll see a bunch of ".raceeffect" files. Frackin Universe uses these files to give the various races their buffs/debuffs (how it does that is more complicated). The simple version is that copying the "callistar.raceeffect" file and renaming it to "calliote.raceeffect" does the trick.

I've attached a zipped-up mod that should do what you want. Just extract the contents to your mods folder. It's not packed, so you can easily have a look at to see how it works, in case you want to do something similar in the future.

Attached Files:

Serriro likes this.
  3. Serriro

Serriro Space Hobo

Hello,

Thank you so much, you really helped me out <3
    Everything works fine, had some starting trouble like finding the right folders, but in the end i got it to work. :nuruflirt:

And its nice being able to see the contents, defiently helped me understand better how it works.

I hope you have a nice Day, take care.

Thanks again.:nuruhype:

4. Zaakari

Zaakari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.