Modding Discussion Can someone make a horror mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BerryPunny, Jun 28, 2015.

?

Do you want a horror mod?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BerryPunny

BerryPunny Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to play a horror mod, something that adds creepy/scary characters to Starbound. The mutants just aren't doing it for me. Maybe add some creepy diary log entries or something or add scary monsters you can have as pets. I havea few pixel characters that I'd want to see in the game but I'm just not good enough at modding. So please, can anyone make a scary mod? I'll help if you'd like, I just want something scary in my Starbound. D:

Shadow Wolf TJC and Glu like this.
  2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Problem is, the game is PG-13, therefore all mods should be PG-13.
    Now I know that pixel-horror is quite different, but I'm not sure at the ratings of things I'd have in mind.

3. helari

helari Void-Bound Voyager

Mods aren't official content, mod makers aren't actually required to keep a theme similar to the original content.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The mod repository as well as the forum are official tho.
    And releasing sneaky mods on nexus is not my type of thing, since that misses the point of modding pretty much.

sayter likes this.
  5. BerryPunny

BerryPunny Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sure there could be a pg-13 horror mod that doesn't go over the top. Just gotta think.

6. engiSonic

engiSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  8. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Relten likes this.
  9. helari

helari Void-Bound Voyager

Mods created by players are by no means official. It's good that there's a safe moderated place to post mods like this site but releasing mods on other sites is not really missing the point of modding, mods at their best can create a completely different experience to the base game.

10. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I seem to remember there being a nude mod...

There is nothing wrong with the Nexus site, Ive used it for years with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim modding.

11. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

There's nothing wrong with the site itself, but rather with the sorting of mods.
    For an constantly updating game it's straight away a lot easier using the official (moderated and sorted) repository.

12. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

That's pretty awesome. Would love to see a mod that adds just lots of neat structures to find, things like that included.

13. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Hey, I like those types of mods as much as the next guy (Which isn't at all), but it would be... in poor taste(?) to prevent them. Goes against the whole modding culture.

Shadow Wolf TJC and Kayuko like this.
  14. SuperSiili

SuperSiili Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dont know if you could really make a horror mod to the game, since just having spooky generating structures isnt really enough, you could make a mod that adds some horror items, NPCs and other things so you can make a downloadable map using those things. That would be pretty amazing if done well.

15. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

I had a few great ideas for stuff like this.
    Mainly things like, mobs which react to light, as well as others that go invisible and make various creepy noises and such. As well as planets with a dark, grotesque environment.
    Unfortunately I haven't been bothered to get around to it, as I've had lots of other mod ideas (Which I hardly ever finish...) and College and stuff. :p

I'd say, if you're really interested in it, take a look at modding it yourself! There are tons of resources for learning, as well as plenty of people to answer any questions you might have~

16. AutopsyreporT

AutopsyreporT Aquatic Astronaut

eldrich horror!

17. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@AutopsyreporT Please note the date. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Going to lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.