1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Cephalopods (Squid people) VERY WIP

Discussion in 'Races' started by Telmish, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Telmish

Telmish Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cephalopods (Squid people)
    (A very much WIP race)

This are all the images I have for now, I'll keep updating this page everytime I make progress worth sharing!

[​IMG] Edit: Added skin colours and a few head shapes!
    (Theyre using the Hylotl clothes for now)

I will add more skin colours, hairstyles (head shapes) and perhaps even eye colours!

A quick background I came up with:

A grumpy but powerful race, the Cephalopods once lived in the same seas as the Hylotl. The Cephalopods were the protectors of the Hylotl, but the Hylotl's kind nature and strong urge to share their culture drove the Cephalopods insane. Squid after squid started moving away from the Hylotl until there were few to none left. Everything went fine until the Floran attacked the planet. There were too many Floran and too little Cephalopods. The Hylotl and Cephalopods got evicted from their planet. Up until this day the Hylotl blame the Cephalopods for the loss of their planet.

Any ideas (Clothes, lore, etc) or comments are appreciated.
    Also criticism is welcome, but be nice.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Don't use bipedal legs. Go for an eight legged octopus bottom half for the race.

3. Djdog330

Djdog330 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Agreed. Much like an office chair xD.
    I want an office Chair Body! But I don't know how to code or mod or somethin'...

4. Telmish

That would be awesome, though a bit out of my league ha.

5. Squiddy

Squiddy Void-Bound Voyager

I love where this is going!:D I can live up to my name's sake!:whoop: Good luck!

6. Djdog330

Maybe we could contact a coder or animator somehow...I can animate , but not 2D stuff, just 3D stuff in simple programs like Mine-a-mator, haven't tried Cinema 4D ._. Fancy.

EDIT: Could you plz tell ME how to make a race? Does it require you to paint in the stuff PIXEL by PIXEL EACH animation frame? if so then that's rather annoying......

7. Telmish

Well you could do that, but you can just use an excisting race, copy everything and recolour those sprites. Thats the easy way

8. Djdog330

Hmm....I need catbug sprites :3.
    I'm wondering if someone can help me with making a Catbug race, if we dont want to change weapon placement for the race, then we could just make it flying catbug :D

Watch Catbug.
    Bravest Warriors!
    Cartoon Hangover
    Look it up :D
    Anyways any help on modding or anything like that would be appreciated. Now to look through those files and make me a race :D

EDIT: Looked into the files, I am way out of my league, I have no idea how to code or how to make files like .cinemtaics or anything like that xD. I need a really good guide, any links would be great
    :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014