1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Colony Deeds

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by VoidPrison, Aug 14, 2016.

1. VoidPrison

VoidPrison Aquatic Astronaut

Quick quality of life suggestion for Colony Deeds.
    When creating structures that I want colonists to inhabit, the biggest downer is the Colony Deed and how unsightly it is.
    A similar problem was with Teleporters, however there is the option of purchasing different kinds of teleporter to better suit the aesthetics of the structure they are in.

I suggest doing the same with colony deeds, and creating a selection of different looking deeds to fit different kinds of structures. Even a simple bulletin board kind of thing with different paper notes depicting happiness, unhappiness and the present icon for collecting your taxes would mostly be more visually appealing for (I would argue) most builds using woods, stones and the likes.

Just a thought :)

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  2. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

oh, have you seen the mod that lets you have different styles of Deeds/smaller Deeds? i'm not sure it's exactly what you're asking, but it sounds like it could help!

3. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

4. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

ah, thank you! i was looking for it, but i didn't realize it wasn't on the forums '^^

5. Phantom5582

Your welcome ^_^

6. VoidPrison

VoidPrison Aquatic Astronaut

7. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Doesn't bother me, not really much of an issue. I find the biggest issue with Colonies is you get an NPC based on the structure. So I'm building a technologically advanced town and I'm forced to have a bunch of miners. My NPCs always spawn with blue jumpsuits and hardhats.

8. Phantom5582

Mind showing some screen shots to see what you are building? Maybe we can help you get what you want.