Suggestion Commander for Outlaws?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Failbird105, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've seen a lot of talk about the fact that the factions aren't really as unique as they should be, and while I can certainly see where they're coming from, I fully understand that there's always the element that the more different two things are in a game(be they Player Characters, Weapons, Units, or anything of the sort) the harder it is to make it so that there isn't an objectively better choice.

That being said, there is one faction that I do believe truly does need an addition... The Outlaws. While they are just a re-color of Cherrystone, their personality, unique banner, unique theme music, and the fact that they're listed as a separate faction in map creation all manage to give them some level of individuality that could make someone use them instead of just actually taking the Cherrystone Units and changing their color. The thing is though, they don't have a Commander, at all, and it just feels wrong for any faction, no matter how unimportant they are, to be lacking such a vital component of what makes them a faction.

My proposal is simple, the Outlaws are already just a Cherrystone re-color, so for their Commander, why not make it a re-skin of Caesar? He is after all the most relevant character to them as a faction. This Commander could be functionally the same as Caesar(same groove, similar attack animations, etc.) or, if you're honestly willing to put that much effort into the Outlaws of all things, you could make it less a re-skin and more of a counterpart, say instead of giving adjacent allies an extra turn, he would take away the next turn from adjacent enemies, or, y'know, however you want to do it, it's the Outlaws I don't think anyone cares that much.

And obviously, this theoretical anti-Caesar would have to be named Brutus