1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Continuous saving of achievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zanon, Nov 5, 2014.

1. zanon

zanon Astral Cartographer

This is a small suggestion for a change in the architecture of the game, and unlike most of the recent suggestions is more about new players rather then old (since they likely have all the achievements already). Currently it appears that achievements get saved when a run ends, rather then immediately once they actually happen. This means that if (when) the game crashes to desktop, all gained achievements are lost. The only way to ensure one gets them is to immediately commit suicide. It'd be nice if all crashes were eliminated and I assume over time it'll move closer to that goal, but some bugs may be hard to squash, and it'd at least mitigate the situation a little if no permanent progress was lost. Even if a run crashes and burns, keeping characters/artifacts/items would make the next run more rewarding.

Treadlight likes this.
    • brianhj

brianhj Void-Bound Voyager

THIS.

Especially with all the new crash bugs I've been encountering

• Splamy

Splamy Space Spelunker

EXACTLY THIS.

Please, RoR is a really awesome game, and i love it but with crashing almost every run in multiplayer (i havent beaten the final boss even once) is gets very frustrating....