Modding Help Couldn't open smapi

Discussion in 'Mods' started by hAHHABababba, Nov 22, 2020.

1. hAHHABababba

hAHHABababba Void-Bound Voyager

So, when i try to open smapi *i dont have it on steam or stardew valley* a cmd pops up quickly and disappears and it wouldn't open i had been waiting and it wouldn't load i tried running it as an administrator it still wouldn't work is there a solution for this please help.

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Pangalactic Porcupine

• hAHHABababba

I don't have the real stardew valley, but where could i find the log?..

i also tried finding one couldn't find a single thing i tried to open smapi but that cmd pops up and disappears quickly and the game won't launch, i tried re-installing and re-installing my cracked stardew valley couldn't seem to work, my dad was using my laptop for a while and now my smapi, won't open.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2020
      • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@hAHHABababba Please don't stack posts. Use the edit function to add to your posts or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

• hAHHABababba

Oh, alright i didn't know :)! but thanks for telling me

• Eros DkAl

You can find the "SMAPI-latest.txt" file (the log) on the folder " %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs "
            or "C:\Users\(you pc user name)\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\ErrorLogs"

In fact, in the link that I posted above, it says how to find the log file.

• hAHHABababba

Sorry i could only find the saves and game info there's no error logs at all :(

• Eros DkAl

Do you have mods installed? If so, try to remove them and then launch SMAPI, if the game opens then try adding the mods little by little to see which one may be causing problems.

• hAHHABababba

Alright, i'll try that i'll do what you said and test it,

UPDATE: i tried to remove the mods and put it back up but it didn't work i tried to remove some it still didn't work :(

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
                  • Eros DkAl

I said "try adding the mods little by little", meaning one by one if necessary, if it still doesn't work, try reinstalling SDV and SMAPI, and verify that SMAPI and all mods are up to date, and also that the mods are compatible with the latest version of SMAPI.

• hAHHABababba

Did try to do that it still wouldn't work, i guess i'll have to re-install it some-day. but thanks for helping

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SMAPI does not work with cracked copies of Stardew. Buy the game and the problem will go away.

• Eros DkAl

That's a lie, I used a cracked SDV before and SMAPI worked perfectly.