1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Create-A-Friend v2.3 for SB v1.0

Create and equip custom NPCs!

1. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

The villagers will hang out near their pods. The guards that you spawn from the guard spawner can be interacted with to toggle whether they follow you or stay put.

2. horiaonofrei

horiaonofrei Guest

Oh hello, I was wondering, is it possible to get a NPC to play an instrument?
    Could be very good if possible.

3. PotatoSS

PotatoSS Astral Cartographer

And it is possible more compact version spawner?

4. kausticdood

kausticdood Void-Bound Voyager

real quick question, is there a way to choose the gender of your NPC? if so, how? if not, could there be (pleeeease face)?
    i want to know because I like to have bada$$ avian girls as my guards, as well as a bada$$ avian girl character.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  5. floram

floram Master Chief

Omg this looks amaaazing. If you could just make it so they followed you around and teleported with you I'd love you forever c:

srsly tho that's really the only thing preventing me from playing single player like all day. Also what you already have looks grreeaat!

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

What a mighty tool this seems to be, and I see theres quite a lot to read on the discussion of this mod... hmm I wonder if it were possible to enable such potential for custom races? or do you think thats out of question? I need time to invest into this mod, it seems incredibly promising.

7. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

I may have given this mod a 3-star rating and some serious constructive criticism, but I'm interested in seeing this get improved. Good luck! ;)

8. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I really think a gender option would be useful. Setting the NPC's look would also be useful, but is not as needed as gender.

In terms of custom races how much work is needed to add each one? I was wondering since it might be best to have an open end option for adding them in instead of putting their code in the mod itself. The idea would be that there would be a template for any new race that someone wanted to add. This would save on work on by allowing players who want to add a certain races to code most of it themselves insetad of adding all the coding to the base mod. Of course I have litlle about the limits of the code so I am just throwng things out there.

Overall it looks like a good combo for the base games NPC spawning options. I would however add that it might be nice to have some other options for villager spawners since the Apex Lifesupport Tube might not fit in a player's village (would look really out of place in a low-tech farm setting to have a bunch of ultra-hightech tubes just laying around when you lack runing water for example).

9. toby109tt

toby109tt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is an amazing mod but I just want to point some things out. first of all the capsule sprite is too big (character creation station) you should make it like a Colonial deed so it takes up less space Or something like that. next of there's no mod support so could you please add it things like the avali avikans mantis and munari. but apart from that it's an amazing mod.

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

This is a great mod. There are some things I found confusing, but that's just me being stupid. Five stars to you, good sir!

11. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

After playing around I came up with an idea of something to add. When you go on missions there's no way to place the tube to create a friend. To get around this issue what about having some sort of instant friend item? It would be an itme you throw at the ground and a guard NPC would appear. Due to the limits of the coding I would say that the NPC's items would have to be generated by the RNG.

As I was writing this I had an idea. What about a "best friend" which you could summon on differnet worlds and would keep the same stats. The idea would be a traveling buddy that could go with you instead of summoning new NPCs each time. If there was just one of them I'm guessing there might be a way to save the items and looks. It would be something worth looking into.

12. Vladimier

Vladimier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question so.. how do i give my guard a weapon?
    BTW awesome mod
    keep working at it!

13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

The two slots that say "Primary" and "Secondary" are for weapons.

14. Labib99

Labib99 Space Spelunker

HELP! I DON'T NO HOW TO EQUIP NPCs WITH WEAPONS!

15. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

You know those sections that say "Primary" and "Secondary". Put weapons in those.

This was answered in the post just above your's. Typically its best to look to see if the answer is there before asking a question that may already have an answer.

16. floram

floram Master Chief

Is there a way for these NPCs to teleport from planet to planet with the player yet?

17. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Is this multiplayer compatible?

18. floram

floram Master Chief

I was thinking that there might be a way to sorta let NPCs you create travel with the player.
    Basically, make them capture-able with those pod things like creatures are, and release/recapture as needed to move them from place to place.

I dunno if it would actually work but you never know.

19. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

That would be awesome. It would just further improve my slave trade.

20. floram

floram Master Chief

I w-was thinking more friendship but okay