1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Deconstructor - tier 3 refinery

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by EvilEngineer, Dec 8, 2013.

1. EvilEngineer

EvilEngineer Starship Captain

EDIT:
    Discontinued thread, as file has been released and is no longer a WIP. New thread and download link have been created.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/matter-deconstructor-1-0.43869/
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/41/?

Since the refinery has a very limited scope of items it can turn into pixels, I've created a tier 3 version that will turn EVERYTHING into pixels. Finally a spot to turn all your loot into pixels.

Pre-reqs:
    Robotic crafting table
    Starmap Upgrade Mk3

Materials ( subject to change):
    4500 x Pixels
    20 x Coal Ore
    20 x durasteel bars

How it works:
    Exactly like the refinery, except with more items it can turn into pixels.

Progress:
    I've got the item in the game and tested it with advanced recipes. I now have to go through the very laborious process of creating recipes for EVERYTHING....

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Lithium

Lithium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cool!
    But otherwise UN-UNIQUE :(

3. EvilEngineer

Yeah, just a necessity mod. I've got too much crap X3

300 recipes in so far... and so many more to go .:cry:
    Thankfully, once I get all of the data into my spreadsheet I'm scripting the .recipe file creation. Any changes should be pretty easy to update.

4. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

Sounds awesome.

5. EvilEngineer

1032 recipes in... it never seems to end.o_O
    Not sure how well all the random generated loot will handle. And for sure i'm gonna need help balancing pixel values on items.
    Anyone willing to help assign pixel values if I upload the spreadsheet to say a google doc?

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  6. Lithium

Lithium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, ok.....
    ;)

7. EvilEngineer

Hmm. Love development some times. Had the device working. Loaded in 1000+ recipes. Now it doesn't work at all... :: kicks machine ::

8. DarkerCloud

Is it not possible to load that many recipies?

9. EvilEngineer

Muhahah... it works. Though I probably shouldn't have refined my starter shirt >.>

Turns out it was a file encoding issue. Totally not something I was looking for.

Oh well, time to tweak the stack and pixel settings. Think giving 10 pixels per dirt is a bit rich.

10. EvilEngineer

The random generated loot seems to be a bit of a problem. Hoping I don't have to make a recipe for every possible combination. :eek: The subtitle name of the object doesn't seem to be cutting it.

11. DarkerCloud

How do you change an item's pixel value?

12. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Don't give anything for dirt or cobble, trash items like that, now for clutter decorations and weapons, that would be worth something! Hit me up sometime if you want a second opinion on values. :3 I think this mod will be awesome!

13. EvilEngineer

Ok, version 1.0 is finished. I've loaded every specifically named item in the game. Only hitch are the random generated stuff... need to find a way to address them correctly. Uploading file soon.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  14. ShadedBlade

ShadedBlade Phantasmal Quasar

This is quite awesome in absence of selling to merchants. I would be installing this right now if it weren't for my friends mod-phobia (and the current lack of a download link :p). Great job.