Notice Default Forum Theme

Discussion in 'Forum Info & Announcements' started by mollygos, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The default forum theme has changed! Oh no! The humanity!

The forums were long overdue for a nice clean new look. We'll also be implementing a dark version of this forum theme for people who are blinded by the light, but that's still in the works.

If you hate change and want the old theme back, you can easily change it by heading to your preferences menu and selecting 'OLD Chucklefish Forums Theme'. See below!

[​IMG]

boo buu, yosrio, Phaena and 20 others like this.
  2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

this is an interesting feature. i will keep it as the old chucklefish theme for now, i dont deal well with big sudden changes.

3. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you - good to see that there will be several themes to use. My eyes will thank you, too :notworthy:

@Kaede: One "Like" just for your profile pic - it's always nice to have good ol' Nep-Nep around!

4. Ninjawa

Ninjawa Void-Bound Voyager

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.

5. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

While aesthetic change is never a bad thing, this certainly isn't that good. It feels like a children's website from the early 2000's, rather than a video game discussion site. The older design was more uniform and simple, and the darker colors were much easier on the eyes. While I love me some white and orange as possibly obvious through my mod, I'm really not digging the new theme. Still, change isn't always a bad thing, and I'm sure someone will like the new theme. I won't, but still.

6. IJustWantTheModsBrah

IJustWantTheModsBrah Orbital Explorer

This... To me it looks truly awful.I'd rather have the old theme-- StarBound is a game to be taken seriously,not just by kids.

7. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Sticking with the old theme til you build a dark version of this one. Way too much white.

8. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

The theme looks good. The new banner and logo are great, easy on the eyes, and not changing every time I refresh the page. Also, no memory-intensive animation.
    The background, too, is much better to look at than the background on the old Fusion Gamer theme.

But, also.. it feels a little too 'compact'. The buttons in the corner (profile, messages, alerts) are just icons while previous themes had icons plus text. Also, it's hard to tell the difference between a new alert and an already-seen alert.
    There's no blank space on the sides of the screen, while the old themes and many websites try to keep away from the edges.

I'll gladly use it though, especially when there's a dark version out, since it looks better than Platform and much better than Fusion Gamer.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  9. shimonu

shimonu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too bright O_O
    Thank for info how to change it back :)

10. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

While I do like this theme because of how minimalist it is, I'll stick with XenForo's default.

11. Panchill

Panchill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldn't say Starbound - with its alien worlds, eyeball trees, and alpaca people - is necessarily a "serious game." It's a fun, crazy adventure through the cosmos. But I still don't like the theme. It seems sort of...lifeless.

Justpassingthrough and Alkanthe like this.
  12. IJustWantTheModsBrah

IJustWantTheModsBrah Orbital Explorer

the theme doesnt reflect chucklefish's games's vibe. needs 300% more mascots,colors and awesome pixelart.

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I am sensible to light colours... so yeah, back to the old darker look... the other one was making me dizzy x.x

Alkanthe and Roxyn like this.
  14. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

I can certainly tell that a lot of work went into the new theme! It certainly shows a lot more character now, in tandem with the other games that you guys are publishing (or have yet to publish). The only problem that I see however, is that it is indeed a tad too bright; this is due to the fact that everything mostly being pure (or close to pure) white can mess with the eyes.

The new theme is not bad in any way, but I personally feel that it definitely needs more color. For example, with the Stardew Valley forum, the colors are bright, but they work really well together because they complement each other.

If you wanted to keep the white theme, I would personally suggest straying from pure white and sticking with hues that can resemble white, but you can tell there is a bit of color in them.

Tamorr and Luna like this.
  15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Pearl, you mean pearl white

16. Mizore

Mizore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only suggestion i have is to change the hyperlink text color to something that stands out better on the white Div's.

KatieLovesPizza, Tamorr and Luna like this.
  17. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Sorry chucklefish, but I don't think this new theme is working out very well... Maybe a cleanup version of the old one would be nice... I like the clean look and smooth navigation of this new one, but maybe with the old black and blue color scheme and rounded buttons...

Cipherstar and Roxyn like this.
  18. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, i personally like the old style but thanks for giving the option to change it back, not many sites or games do that.

Roxyn, Lava Cake, The MechE and 2 others like this.
  19. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Absolute agreement on this. It's giving me a headache.

Roxyn likes this.
  20. Jazzy Jasper

Jazzy Jasper Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah new version hurts my eyes, sticking with the original.

Roxyn and IJustWantTheModsBrah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.