1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Doing some streaming of the closed beta.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bewinged, May 10, 2013.

1. Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

Doing a stream as I familiarize myself with the new beta-build. This is probably just going to be for Europeans as I think it's the middle of the night in the US?

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww man, sorry to say that, but your stream is so laggy =(

• Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

Thanks for informing me, I'll mess with the settings, I just started using OBS so I haven't gotten everything right just yet.

Edit: Do you mind checking if it's better now? The preview looks fine to me at this point but I'm not sure if I trust it completely

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like when all the mess starts up this is causes freeze of video something about ten seconds. I can heat you fighting but not see.

• Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

So when there's alot of action it freezes up? I'll try lowering the bitrate more, taking a break for lunch now though.

I suspect the issues come from the fact that I need to use screen-region instead of just streaming straight from the game since OBS doesn't seem to able to pick up the game.

• Bewinged

Bewinged Poptop Tamer

I've lowered the quality quite a bit now, if there are any more issues please let me know in chat or here, if this works I suspect I should still be able to raise the quality a bit but I'll try to do it step-by-step. Also let me know if the lower quality is unwatchably bad and I'll see if I can figure out another way to go about it.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You guy did a great job. All day streamed this awesome game. Huge thanks!