Boss each race should have it's own final boss (for really late beta/release)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by yotmam12, Dec 17, 2013.

1. justynk

justynk Void-Bound Voyager

Ye but like Karrakazul said he wants to make last end boss the same for everyone which ruins the story thats my point.

2. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

And I agree with him. As I said earlier, the race specific boss could be done to gain entry into Sector X, and thus ends the story for each race. Then there is a Sector X boss that is like a bonus boss that is the same for all races. Something that is only relevant after each race's individual story is finished and never mentioned until you get to Sector X, and therefore does not ruin the story.

3. justynk

4. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

I'm very familiar with that topic. And if either the final boss or second to final boss (or any boss) is race specific it will give them a reason to try other races. Hell, race specific sidequests are enough to make people try different races. We're kind of in agreement here, just not about when or where the race specific boss shows up. You want it to be the final final boss of the game and I want it to be just before that boss; so that our band of adventurers that come from all races, having finished their personal journey, must band together to face a challenge greater than anything they have faced alone.

5. justynk

Oh no dude i dont want to make only one final final boss but many other side bosses and hey maybe you can even join up with friends to help you save your own kind from whatever.

6. codebracker

codebracker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry.

Besides it doesn't need to be the final boss, it could be an optional race-specific backstorry miniboss.

7. xstationcubed

xstationcubed Void-Bound Voyager

What if we did both? Make the technical final boss something race specific, but litter the game with side mission obtainable information that would lead to some greater conspiracy or whatever, and once you find all the bits to put together the real story, you gain the ability to summon a secret boss linking everything together.

8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

If there would be racial bosses me and my friends would need to be the same race (anoying some), fight for a cauce you dont understand or just play singleplayer.
    Do I need to remind that multiplayer is half the game!

9. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

What are you talking about? No, you don't need to all play as one race and people won't care about fighting for someone else's cause. They will do it because it is a fun boss fight with good drops and because they have more content to experience with their friends.

If anything this adds to multiplayer because multiplayer would let you experience all these boss fights without having to reroll as a different race and start from the beginning.

10. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Why not?
    One player activates the boss, and other players from other races can fight alongside that player.
    I do not see a problem with that.

11. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

The other players would just fight a that boss with no good reason.
    Every bosses could be implemented for every race showing what the boss has done before the fight.

12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Why would they fight the boss for no good reason?
    The lore ends for that one or two player(s), and then they all can go back to exploring or killing other races' final bosses.
    Co-op usually doesn't have to make sense. Multiplayer doesn't, in general.

13. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Multiplayer should make sense for this type of game. Other players can go back to exploring? What if they want to be together! Also raceal bosses would be more work for devs.

Lore! Lore! The reason you are fight is on Lore
    Cant you two read!

14. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Can't you read? I said "...they all can go back to exploring...". Do you really think a SANDBOX game would end after defeating the final boss?

"Also raceal (racial) bosses would be more work for devs."
    I do not care. It makes the game better. As someone who wants a stable and well-written lore, asking for a single final boss is exceptionally hypocratic.

15. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

When I said "more work for devs" I meant that if they make that many final(?) bosses (that I think are stupid idea) they might not make as many amazing things.
    The raceal bosses could again be accessable for every race.

16. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

But what could that one boss be? It makes a few sextillion times more sense to make seperate final bosses for each race.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  17. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

I have to admit, I am having a lot of trouble understanding what you are saying. So there may be breakdowns in communication.

But that is just bad reasoning. Every single thing they add to the game is going to be time that could be spent on other things. That is like saying you aren't going to go to work on the off chance you find 10 thousand dollars while you skip work. Just saying you don't like it is enough, but expect arguments against it.

As for lore you mentioned earlier, tons of games that are open world allow you to break lore for gameplay. Skyrim has tons of examples. Most Khajiit aren't allowed in cities, which is why the caravan sits outside. But if you are Khajiit you can go anywhere. You can join the Nords fighting the Imperials as any race, without so much of a strange look from your other soldiers. You can be a werewolf dragonborn who leads the mage guild, warrior guild, thief guild, and dark brotherhood. That makes no sense.

Plenty of shows or movies break lore all the time. There are always age old traditions or alliances being broken for the sake of plot.

Finally, this doesn't even break lore. There is nothing that states "humans and florans have agreed to never ever help each other with their problems." People with different cultures team up for the greater good all the time in our world, even if they have no real reason to.

Karrakazul and Battle Bee like this.
  18. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

19. codebracker

codebracker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I expect a final boss existing in sector x, but being next to impossible to solo, so people in multiplayer can defeat it together.
    It could be a lore boss, but it probably won't be race specific.
    Kinda like the Enderdragon, killing it wouldn't give you OP stuff, just some high level loot, shiny stuff and bragging rights.
    And a 50% discount in all NPC shops.