1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Elite missles in hardcore, something needs to be done

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vahnkiljoy, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

The extreme damage done at stage one when you have barely any life or the fact they are fast as hell with a larger then you think explosion radius, USUALLY not too bad if they are fired at a distance, but on times when you are on a platform above some, you will suddenly find yourself missing CHUNKS of life without seeing ANY missles whatsoever, that's because the missles just shoot straight up auto seeking with no dumbfire lockon time to get out of the way.

I'd say either make them a tad bit slower or lower their damage a bit.

KingLuna likes this.
    • Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm afraid to chime in because Hardcore is hardcore, right? It's tough and if we die we're supposed to deal with it. Maybe I'm just bad at coping, but Elite mobs in general are so extremely dangerous for so many reasons in Hardcore that I feel like the only path to success is to get the right items. Like you mention, the missiles play a large part - if I get Damp Cave as my second level, those missiles cause havoc the whole game because of all the platforms at varying heights. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the map is huge and finding the Teleporter takes forever, but that's a different issue entirely. I've seen two Elite monsters simultaneously rapid-fire 3 missiles at me...

Maybe my belief in that is just yet another mark of my noobiness.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Make sure you don't click "try again" after dying and always return to main screen to start a new game. There was a bug when the game didn't reset spawn rates when you clicked "try again" so you'd get much much stronger mobs straight up from the beginning. Not sure if that's fixed or not.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

As of 0.30.1.1:

• Hitting ‘Try Again’ should now keep working

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

No, make sure you do click Try Again. You're beta testing a game. If something like this happens, it's a bug and you should report it here.

needsomemiracle and Treadlight like this.
            • needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, alright, Shroob, you got me :D Touché.