RELEASED Elle's Critter Replacements [Updated 3/12/18 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, May 13, 2017.

1. Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These critters are amazing. I've been using them for a while now but only just remembered I had yet to "review" them. First of all, thank you for changing the owl; the old one scared me every time it popped on screen and was really annoying me. All the critters are so adorable, especially the bunnies and, contrary to popular opinion, the cardinal! I've always loved cardinals, and you nailed it.

In fact, all your mods are amazing; not just the critters. I use your houses, many of your animal reworks, and your map recolor. I just wish there was a waterfall to match your map recolor! That way it wouldn't look so... odd in game when I use my favorite custom farm--which has three waterfalls, lol. But I'd much rather have your map recolor and just deal with some weird pixels here and there. Keep up the great work!

Edit: And I can't wait to see your new animal mod!

• junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you very much for your kind words! <3

As for the waterfall issue, if you could point me to the creator of it (perhaps in my map recolor thread instead of this one) I would gladly ask them if I could include an edit of it with my map recolor! :) I've never used extra map mods so I wasn't aware of any issues like that.

• Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Any chance of you making some more critters for Custom Critters mod? I'd love seasonal birds and critters.

• junimods

Hi, sorry, I don't know what mod that is? So no plans right now. I am spending my modding time on a whole bunch of new livestock stuff, and then the holidays are around the corner. But we'll see!

• Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

It's this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1255/

Basically, it works like Custom Furniture for adding new critters to the in game critters file without overriding the original content.

• junimods

These have now been updated to the Content Patcher format! Please let me know if the instructions are unclear or if you encounter any issues. <3

• Mel Noelle

Mel Noelle Tentacle Wrangler

Hi! I was wondering if you would be ok if I included your adorable butterflies in a custom critters butterfly mod I'm making! I'm making a bunch of my own, but I thought it would be cool to edit butterflies from other mods too, for people who want to have as many butterflies as possible :D