Explanation point when fishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laura264, Dec 10, 2019.

1. laura264

laura264 Aquatic Astronaut

I was wondering if anyone else knows the point of the explanation point over your head when you're fishing. 9 times out of 10 if I click the bobber she doesn't have anything on her line...even though it's like something is biting. There's always something on the line if you wait until it says "HIT". So the explanation point is kinda blowing my mind. :mindwurm:

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

Do you mean the exclamaition mark? If it appears, you just have to click the left mouse button. You don't have to click on the bobber, anywhere is fine. Maybe you miss the timing?

Anhaga likes this.
      • laura264

laura264 Aquatic Astronaut

Maybe so. It just seems like before the update it would say "HIT" even if I didn't pay attention to the exclamation mark. All I know is, it's a lot easier to fish now when starting a new character. ...which I did. :koala:

• Anhaga

Anhaga Master Chief

I'd guess that your timing is off . . . I'm finding that I have the same misses now as pre-patch if I'm trying to fish while even a little distracted (a very normal occurrence if my kids are home). Even though I pay more attention to the sound than the visual, even a fraction of a second late results in an empty line.