1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Find Secondary Character's Spawn Planet, Bypass Slow Start?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Imatron, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Imatron

Imatron Space Hobo

My starbound files got wiped again (I think my save files have been cursed or something), and I've already gotten one character to endgame gear. I'm trying to get one character in each race "leveled" up as quickly as I can.

I know once I've beaten the first boss I can basically jump to a common planet, but Im finding my other characters are spawning with far less than optimal conditions, making that part of the game a 5 hour slog in some cases. I've tried using the /whereami command to get my new character's spawn planet location to dump off better gear, in the case of my novakid:

1544923:744571229:26811840: 3

I understand that the first two are the planet's location cooridnates:

But when I go there, I cant find the planet, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong with the coords. I've tried reversing them and ETC, but haven't found the planet. I think somehow I'm just not plugging the numbers in right. Either that, or is the planet "hidden" from other players until they unlock the warp drive, meaning I have to finish the slog anyway?

2. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I usually use /admin mode when i don't feel like grinding thru the story with my secondary characters

3. Imatron

Imatron Space Hobo

Does that disable achievements though? Theres still a good few I haven't gotten yet.

4. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

i don't think it does because i got the "Not A Llama" Achievement when i spawned it the Llama cosmetic armor.

5. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

I did, what you want to do this way:

1. One Character has to be leveled to a point where you have everything you need for all levels and gears you want/need.
    2. Store all the materials on your ship
    3. Save hte game - start new character and beam down to the planet right away and just do "anything on the planet, like dig, chop a tree or collect some growth.
    3. Save the game and exit the Game
    4. go to the game library to storage/universe and sort the files in the to "date"
    5. The first Planet/ the one which was altered last is the one you new character is on - write down/copy the filename
    6.start the game with you already advanced character, fly to the planet you just wrote down, beam down, place a chest with the materials the new character need and "beam to ship."
    7. Exit game, enter with the new character and...