1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Flooding 1.3 Small fix

A small, modular water overhaul.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

greenRAM submitted a new mod:

No Background Drain - Removes liquid background drain to create flooding.

Read more about this mod...

bk3k likes this.
  2. FOE

FOE Void-Bound Voyager

maybe immersive a version with a drain rate like wattered crops?

3. greenRAM

greenRAM updated No Background Drain with a new update entry:

v1.1 Better Flooding!

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. greenRAM

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I added a small drainrate and increased the water spawn from rain. It may still need some tweaking to balance the background drain with the increased water spawn, but I feel good about this so far.

5. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

I think I know why villagers attack

The flood causes various lightsources to break and I suppose that, in the coding, whenever a A.I. owned building gets damaged/has furniture going missing the A.I. will automatically assume you used your Matter Manipulator to steal crap,

problem being the flood does that to MOST light sources in the village...

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The joys of tinkering.

7. greenRAM

I've been tinkering with it some more to see if I can find a better balance of flooding to drainage. I haven't found anything much more satisfying than what I have here yet though.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  8. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Flooding with a new update entry:

v1.2 Sprinklers!

9. greenRAM

v1.3 Modular Version!

10. greenRAM

small fix

11. Kaldreth88

Kaldreth88 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, could you make a mod that does the exact opposite? A mod that disables rain from creating water pools completely. I settled a large farm on a planet with regular rainfall, and I'm noticing how any water pooling causes the FPS to dip slightly. It's very annoying but I don't want to find another planet to relocate to.

12. greenRAM

If you remove the water spawning from the projectile that heavy rain uses completely it might create weird side effects, like other things in the game that use that projectile to produce water will suddenly go dry. To disable heavy rains without breaking anything else, you might need to change the heavy rain weather directly by changing it's projectile to the one that light rain uses. I don't think I'll publish anything like that, but I can make a quick patch like that on the spot if you'd like.

The patch would look like this:

[
    {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/projectiles/0/projectile",
    "value": "lightwater"
    }
    ]

Then, just pop it into a text file called "storm.weather.patch" and pop that file into a corresponding set of folders to the "storm" file. I'll call it "No Rainwater." I popped that into a zip file for easy uploading and there we go! Just open the zip and place the "No Rainwater" folder into your starbound/mods folder and you're good to go, given there's no conflicts with other mods. I'm not going to test it out because I don't want to wait around a planet for a heavy rain.

I uploaded it to my google drive. Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwJ7qxGljUJ7YUU5NjJSOUhaMU0/view?usp=sharing

Edit: If you're interested in giving something like this a try for yourself check out The | Suit's Unofficial Modding Ebook. Also, for help making quick patches to files you can check out Kawa's Starbound JSON Lab. There's a lot of great resources for modding starbound, and most of modding is pretty simple and fun.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  13. Kaldreth88

Kaldreth88 Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, thanks a lot! I wasn't expecting a quick response, much less a very lengthy and helpful post. I appreciate you taking time to reply. I went and tested out the small patch you made, but it doesn't seem to stop the heavy rain from pooling. It's possible this is conflicting with another mod I have installed, like fracking universe. I'll try it without any mods when I get the chance, and at least now I know what to change. Thanks again.

14. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hiya @greenRAM,

Do you have any interest in uploading this mod to Steam? This is one of my favorites from your work; I'm building a Steam mod collection (like this one on UI Improvement) and would love to add your mod to the Gameplay Tweaks collection. :)

15. greenRAM

Steam doesn't like modular type mods like this, unfortunately. However, if you have a personal favorite combination that you enjoy, feel free to upload it to steam for your collection. My own personal preferences I have to switch out at times when it gets a bit too much for me.

16. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're right, I think having to upload all version could be kinda messy. Okay, thanks greenRAM :)

17. avior971

avior971 Void-Bound Voyager

could i upload this mod to steam as multiple mods so my little brother can use them without having to have me email them to him.