1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. UnCui

UnCui Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just wanted to say, as far as personal impression goes, that the research progression in different categories, is very imbalanced, for the last few days, I've been bustin my ass to get the Dweller set, because I noticed it has an increase mining lazer damage bonus, so after researching into silk weaving, surprise surprise, I cannot craft that armor without some bio-thread first.

Now obtaining bio-thread is a pain in the ass, I have no mutavinsk plant seed, the only way I could get one is by creating it in the greenhouse, which I had to upgrade first, all in all, by the time I get to craft those tier 3 recipes from mutavinsk bio thread, I unlock normal tier 4 and 5 gear from durasteel and so on.

I still want the dweller set because it looks great, but now I have to get some cells, and other stuff to even get the seed...this is seriously not good progression, for some tier 3 armor

LaughingAlex likes this.
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You can find mutavisk on planets. This is one of the reasons I go exploring while waiting on research to build up. Also, don't forget some of the lower end armors aren't as protective, but they have different benefits that make them worth using, and upgrading.

4. UnCui

UnCui Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I heard that you might find them on planets...but never found one really, I just farmed cells from proto-world, until I had enough to get a few seeds form the greenhouse...planted around 6, and sometimes they yield mutavisk seeds as well...works just like the cotton does, I have around 5 rows of 100 blocks length of those right now in my farm.

My only problem now is getting fungal ichor....my guess is from fungi/mushroom subbiomes..which planets are best for this?

5. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yeah, that's how I usually get mine, is find a few seeds, and plant them, collect up more, plant more. Trying to remember where I was getting the Fungal Ichor from, I think there is somewhere you can craft it. Or maybe I ran across someone selling some somewhere.

6. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Fungal planets. Grab a load of glow mushroom blocks. Chuck them in your extractor.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. matthew57778

matthew57778 Phantasmal Quasar

found a new bug in guns with swtjc_ewg_proximitymines but looking into the files the needed files are missing, search results find nothing either.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. Kribris

Kribris Void-Bound Voyager

Well... Bow a still not well balanced, lv3 and lv1 some times, have same damage.

I have an idea, but duno if that be possable to make, reduce AP usage per draw and for holding, increase fire rate, reduse damage per shot and some time inflict bleeding damage, because arrow, and bow be have a switch form, from standart bow to firearm style, and in switched form they have blast rocket, or poison orb, or, well, one of every elemental damage type..

It's like, then you have a bow, you damaging a base, physical damage, not enchanted, then you switch in other form, you have one elemental damage type from many. like then you find a bow, you need to switch it to alternative form, and make a test fire, to determin witch alternative elemental damage type it have, or by highlighting the territory arround player.
    And add a different quiver with random elemental damage, for uniqe damage combo, like fire-lightning, or poison-ice, and other variant's.
    For example: switched bow to fiream, have a poison blast, and quiver have ice enchantment, but in combianion of both damage, you have a poison-ice blast what damaging with both damage tupe.... something like that, with every elemetal damage type's.

And of course, you can boost only one type of damage, for example: alt. fire from bow have fire damage at 15, and you quiver have fire enchantment on it, and in total you have a 30(max) fire damage (without EPP with installed damage boost in it, and without armor).

Quiver : can be found in hostile, planetside, ground Avian temple, and in space pyramid's. Or crafted, on top bench.

Bow : as lways, random spawn & drop.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

What am i doing wrong - my electric furnace doesn't work. All other powered stuff is working. The furnace is connected to a hydraulic dynamo (21w output). I am only using last Starbound-version and last frackin universe-version. it is connected the right way. It works every 0.5 seconds if I clip a simple battery in between. but not directly connected. can you fix this?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You might need more than one battery. Things tend to run better when they have a consistent power supply. I always set up a battery bank to charge before processing things.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

Hi, I really like the MOD https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/skizots-dozers.3094/. I also use it with FrackinUniverse, which works pretty well so far. Unfortunately, both vehicles are quickly destroyed by the weather in some biomes.

What do I have to enter in the * .LUA or * .vehicle files in order to change this?

How to make vehicles immune to weather?

--------------------

What goes wrong if I don't get a single recipe in the Biochemist Microsperator? I used the latest version of the game and FrackinUniverse. I have already dismantled and rebuilt the workbench. Unfortunately without success. Do I have to activate anything via the TriCorder in order to display recipes?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021